Chapter 17

Ava's P.O. V

I stayed up all night for a big exam today. Worse part, I have to take it first period so it's been nerve-wracking. I couldn't sleep since I was so nervous for the test. I just want to get over this stupid test so I can be happy for the rest of the day.

I wait for Nick's usual honk as I sip my tea. My parents been avoiding me the topic on Nick so they act like they don't know.

I check my phone constantly since he usually texts me when he is on his way. I watch as my parents rush around the kitchen to leave for work.

10 minutes past and my mom was packing her papers in her briefcase.

" Do you want a ride ? " She asked and I shake my head.

" He will be here " I said.

" He is late again and you're going to be late for your test " She said and I just checked my phone again.

" I will just drive " I said yawning and that didn't help the situation.

" You don't look capable to drive on your own since you stayed up the whole night. Can you just call one of your friends to drive you ? " My mom asked giving me a hopeful look to listen to her.

I sigh as I know I should listen to her. We might not be on good terms but she was right. I was about to fall asleep in the shower earlier.

My mom left giving me a kiss on the cheek and a hug. I sighed as I scroll through my contacts. I quickly call Willa, hoping she would pick up.

" Sorry Ava, I am already at school for dance practice " She said.

" It's okay .I will call Kai. See you at school" I quickly said ending the call.

I quickly call Kai and wait for him to answer.

" Hi, Ava , what's up " I hear Selena answered as I couldn't help but find it cute that she answered his phone.

" Can I catch a ride with you guys ? I asked and I heard Andrew in the background trying to get his parents' attention by saying mommy and daddy.

" Yeah but we  have to drop Andrew off at day care. Is it okay if you are late " She asked and I sighed.

" It's okay I will call our other friends " I said letting out a small laugh.

" Umm.. okay bye " She said feeling unsure.

I call Miranda but it goes straight to voicemail as I sighed. I hope Scott picks up.

" Hey Ava " Scott said in a good mood as I just thank god he picked up.

" Hey I need a ride ? " I said with a hopeful tone.

" I will be there in 5 minute, bye " He said ending the call.

The December weather sends chills around me as I hold on tight to my jacket for warmth. I walk to the sidewalk and stand at the end. I watch as Scott's car come into view. 

" Hey " I said getting in as he raised the heat for me.

" Don't you have to take a test forst period" He asked and I nodded my head as he zoomed past the street. My hearbeat picks up as Scott passes all the signs.

" SCOTTT " I screamed as he zooms into a parking space at school.

" You have exactly 3 minutes before the bell rings " He said as I quickly unbuckle my seatbelt.

" Thank you " I said kissing him on the cheek and hopping out of the car to run to class. 

The rest of the day went by smoothly as I had enough time to finish the test completely. Nick was practically no where to be seen during lunch or in the hallways. Gram said he went for lunch off campus. I tried to call him but his phone went straight to voicemail.