Chapter 18

Ava's P.O.V

It's been 48 hours since the conversation with Nick.

I look at myself in the mirror applying on lipgloss and I took a deep breath. I decided to go back to school even though I wasn't emotionally ready to go. I grab my bag and slip on my jacket. It said it was going to snow hopefully next week.

I hope it snows on my birthday because I love winter.

I pull into a parking lot far away from the school just incase I change my mind to go home. I stare at everyone walking towards the school. Even they noticed Nick's strange behavior so of course they are thinking of the posiblites of what happened between Nick and I.

I get out of the car and walk towards the school. I enter the school and froze as I stared at Nick by his locker with Gram and a few of his other friends surrounding him. His deep blue ocean eyes met mine as he ignored what his friend was saying. I turned around ready to walk away.

" AVA " He yelled my name as I turn to see him running. Everyone was looking at us. I let out a breath and stared into his eyes. It was filled with agony. I backed away from him as he tried to get closer to me.

" I'm sorry. I am so f****ing sorry. I screwed up. I am sorry. Just please forgive me ,Ava " He said as my eyes fell to the floor. I wanted to kiss him like crazy right now but it's not going to solve the way I feel right now.

" Nick , there isn't honestly anything you can say to me to make anything better. I didn't deserve to be treated that way " I said as his face turned to stone.

" I didn't cheat on you. I would never do that. Girls just thought we broke up so they gave me those numbers. I an going to stop smoking and drinking for you. Just please forgive me. I was so stupid to even spray my mom's perfume on me to make you think that I was cheating so you can break up with me. I don't know what got over me with this love situation. I am so sorry " Nick said as I didn't realize he was holding my hand.

" I will talk to you when I am ready to " I said feeling like I was being dramatic but I nearly had another panic attack because of him. I couldn't eat ever since he's been acting weird nor sleep. Just yesterday I caught up with my hours by sleeping all day.

" Are we breaking up ? " He whispered so the students around us won't hear. I look him in the eyes as I felt tears start to burn through my eyes.

" I don't know " I said walking towards my locker doing my best to hide my face. I didn't want to look back at him.

***

" Oh please, Ava, just come with us to the party. It will be fun " Miranda said trying to lighten me up. She wants me to go to Gram's birthday party but that means Nick is going to be there and it's been a week since we hadn't talked.

" Don't force her to go if she doesn't feel like it " Selena said walking out of the bathroom with her makeup freshly done.

" Nick, can't stop her from having a good time " Willa said and by the mention of his name I closed my eyes preventing myself to not cry. I don't know why I am so hurt by this .

" It looks cold outside" I said looking out the window watching the dark sky.

" It's not like it will kill you " Willa said as I cross my legs in front of me. All of sudden a bra, pair of heels, and a burgundy dress was thrown at me.

" I hate seeing you like this " Miranda said as the doorbell rings. I already know it's Kai since he is driving them to the party. Willa gets up to answer the door.

" We brought pizza " Scott shouted as Miranda left the room on her phone.

I quickly changed and stare at myself in the mirrior. It was a haltertop burgundy dress. It hang down to my knees, outlining my figure.