Chapter 9

Nick's P.O.V (age 17)

My eyes light up as I hear her words. She believed in me. There was no one in my life that believed in me. My family is kind of harsh and always doubted me.

I found it intriguing that Ava shared her rough time with me. I feel a deeper connection with her than before. Usually when I talk to girls I go straight to getting them in bed but I don't want to do that with Ava.

I like the deep conversations, the endless, teasing, and childish conversations. I also found her trying to compete with me this year kind of hot. She is really strong for the ship she's been through.

I look up at Ava and didn't realize I was still stroking her hand with my thumbs. I assume she didn't realize it either.

" Ava please don't be mad at me for not telling you the truth. I only did it because I know Kai doesn't want me being around you so he used his story for you to avoid me " I said. Ava nodded her head.

"But why ?" She asked and I shrugged my shoulders.

"He thinks I will do what he did to me " I said as her eyes looked shock and curious. Therefore , I was ready to explain everything to her.

When I was a freshman, I was kind of the shy guy since I didn't know that much people. I was already scared to make new friends since my parents were so strict with me. They didn't even want me to be friends with Gram but I didn't listen to them.

Then, I met Selena sophomore year while she was a freshman and she was beautiful but not on the inside. After going out for a month she was hooking up with Kai behind my back. She got pregnant and I already know it wasn't mine since we didn't sleep together. It was Kai's .

Therefore , I broke up with her and eveyone thought it was because she was pregnant with my child and I didn't want to take responsibility. That is how I became known as the bad guy. That reputation got me twice the girls but still no attention from my parents.

I thought they would start to notice when I got a girlfriend every month but they didn't.They weren't even home half of my life. Therefore, I was dating or more like shagging alot of girls a month. I thought it was going to pist off my parents but it didn't. They just gave me money to keep quiet about my lifestyle. They didn't care.

Selena wanted me to be quiet about it being Kai's baby because she didn't want to build up a reputation of being the school's slut by cheating on me.So I just kept my mouth shut for her not to feel more worse.

Her friends hated me because they assume I am holding the secret against Selena when really I don't want her to be torn down by the gossip in school.

However, she broke up Kai and I's friendship. He was mad that she chose to go out with me so he did anything possible to steal her away. We weren't competing for her ,Kai just didn't want me to date her but I still did. They always had feelings for each other but Selena wasn't ready to date him while pregnant. That is how he moved on to Ava.

After telling Ava the story, I noticed she was quiet as she stared at her hot chocolate.

"So Kai only wanted to go out with me because Selena wasn't ready to date him "She asked and I nodded my head.

"They still have feelings for eachother " She continues and I nod my head.

"And Kai lied to me that night " She asked and I nodded my head.

"I am sorry Ava but I don't like to argue with people since it's useless. I don't like to fight with friends. I spent 17 years fighting for my parent's love " I said with a small smile.