Chapter 25

Ava's P.O.V

There was an awkward silence amongst my friends. I was suprised there was no tension coming from my parents towards Nick.

I felt more tension between Nick and I because I was mad at him. Everyone seemed to have left while Nick and I was staring at eachother.

Nick sits on my bed slowly as he looks at me. His blue eyes were filled with sorrow and agony.

" How did I end up here ?" I asked nervously.

" The paramedics came to get you since they needed to take a look at your wounds and you freaked out. They gave you something to calm you down as you just fell asleep " He said and I nodded my head. I guess the medicine blacked me out.

" Why did you bring me here ?" I whispered as Nick looks to the ground.

" It's because you need help, Ava. You've been self - harming yourself again. It's been 2 years since you stopped. You started again because of me " Nick said.

" I would've got better by myself " I mummered.

" No, you need help as in you won't hurt yourself anymore and it's because I am here to stop you. " Nick said as his voice cracked. I look up at him as I saw tears in his eyes.

" You don't need to be there to save me" I said as anger filled my voice.

"I walked in on you with a knife to your stomach. How about if I wasn't there on time ,Ava? You know how stupid I felt for leaving you ?" He said as I watched him cry. This is the first I have ever saw him cried which makes me want to crawl onto his lap kiss the tears away but I couldn't.

There was just too much pain between us at the moment.I wanted it to all disappear but it wasn't that easy.

Tears stream down my face as I grab his hand.

" I don't want it to be over. Please Nick. You said you would stay by my side no matter what " I said as I wipe away the tears from my eyes.

"It's all my fault. I shouldn't have left you alone " He said.

"So why are you leaving me , now ?" I asked as he puts a strand of hair behind myself. I stared up into his blue eyes as they now look dull.

"Nick " My voice cracked as I started to panic. I grab a hold of his hands and tried to get up but pain stung into my wrist s there is a bandage wrapped around it.

"Careful" Nick whispered.

" I want you to take care of yourself. I want you to be abke to live without me" He said as I blink at him. I put my hand to his cheek.

"I can but that doesn't mean we have to break up " I said but he just gets up from my bed.

" I love you " He whispered as he walks away. I didn't want to say it back because of my selfish reasons. I watch as he walked out the door.

Kai's P.O.V

We can tell that Ava and Nick needed to talk so we just left the room.

I held Selena in my arms as I was leaning on the wall outside of Ava's room .Scott was there holding onto Willa as she cries in his arms. Miranda leans on the wall as I see Gram walking down the hallway.

Nick walked out of the room and I can see he was crying. He sighed and looked at all of us while closing the door behind him.

" Make sure she puts herself first before anyone. " He said as Selena grabs his arm.

"You broke up with her " Selena asked and he nodded his head.

" Gram is driving me back to the airport " He said.