Chapter 22

Ava's P.O.V

Nick came home from the hospital and was put to bed rest for a month after leaving the hospital.

I celebrated Nick's birthday together watching movies with pizza and cake. I wanted to do something special but Nick was at no state to leave the house.

After bed rest, Nick took time to catch up with school and still looking for a job.His parents left for a business trip after he started to get better.

I started to eat , sleep and work at the bakery , again so I am at a good state right now. Everything was starting to get back to normal.

" You got a job " I said in disbelief as I get off the couch to run into Nick's arms.

" I'm so proud of you " I said as he just smiles.

"I start tomorrow " He said and I nodded my head. I walk back to where I was sitting as he followed me.

Nick started to tell me about the job and what he's going to be doing. I can see how excited he was as he kept on playing with my hair.

Cherry wanted him to work at the bakery but Nick wanted to get a job by himself so he can be independent.

" So, where is this job ?" I asked and he looks at my laptop as if thinking about it.

" It's in the city " Nick said and my jaw drops. New Your City is far since we live upstate..

" What ? Why? " I asked getting nervous at the distance.

" Well, I found a great program for business there as my parents approved it and I will be working for an accountant " Nick said holding my hand.

" That is really far " I said as there is a smile on his face.

"I know so I've been wanting to ask you something " Nick said and that made me confused.

" Nick , you can work wherever you want to. You don't need to ask me " I said laughing as he just smiles.

Nick hands me a small white box as I stare at it in confusion. He urged me to open it as I found a silver key in it with a small Keychain of a heart.

" What is this ?" I asked and he stares at the key.

" I found an apartment in the city and since I will be working there , would you like to move in with me ?" He asked. I looked at him in shock as this was a big step.

" But what about school " I asked as he just smiles even bigger.

" You can transfer to a different school. I don't need to worry about school since I an already enrolled into the business school" Nick said as his eyes had so much excitement in them.

I don't know if moving right now without talking to my parents is a good idea. I tried calling them but they never answered their phone.

" Nick, I need time to think about it. I don't know it's a big step " I said as his smile fades away.

" Okay , well tell me when make up your mind " He said getting up and kissing me on the forehead.

Later that day, Selena and Kai invited Nick and I to Andrew's birthday party. It was in Kai parents' big backyard.

I walk in looking at all the kids race eachother to the bouncy house. The party was a carnival theme so there were different activities like face painting, balloon animals, popcorn , cotton candy , and more.

There was even a small carousel for the children. Selena and Kai really went overboard with Andrew's 4th birthday party.

" I see Gram " Nick said happily as he kisses me on the cheek before abandoning me.