Chapter 12

Ava' P.O.V

I spot Nick in the cafeteria as I walk over quickly to him. I didn't see him for the whole day so seeing him right now makes me happy. I bite down on my lips nervously. His blue eyes scans my brown ones trying to figure why I look so nervous.

" What are you doing today ? " I asked and he still looked confused.

" I am going out on a date with Jessica " He said nodding his head as I turned to see a girl sitting at his usual table.

" Oh Jessica" I said nodding my head looking back at her. " She is pretty " I said honestly letting out a small laugh.

" You should've seen Mia , she was beautiful " He said and my eyebrows raised in surprise.

" Oh, so you are now going on dates" I said laughing. I look at Gram who looks surprised as well.  He gives me a sorry look as he listens to his best friend.

" Just trying to get back into my mojo and look for my new flavor of the month " He said with a smug look. I was hurt but I wasn't going to let my guards down and show him. I don't know what happened. Did I do something wrong ?

" Well, good luck. I will see you in class " I said walking back to my table. I sit in between Selena and Scott. My friends know something was up but also had a feeling I didn't want to talk about it.

The rest of the day went by smoothly. Nick is acting like nothing happened at the party so I guess I will pretend, too. There was no awkward tension like before so I guess that is good.

" Well, have a good day at work " Nick said stopping the car in front of the bakery.

" Have fun on your date" I said trying not to sound sour. I get out of the car and closed it as he watch me walk into the bakery.

I greet Cherry who was standing at the front counter. As usual, she was beaming with joy. I put on my apron and tie my hair in a high ponytail. I wash my hands and walk besides Cherry.

" Slow day " Se said handing me a cupcake as I smile at her.

" Thanks , I really need this " I said laughing as Cherry gave me a concerned look.

 She pulled a seat from the back to the front counter. She took a bite out of her cupcake as I put down my cupcake to greet a customer. I put in their order and ring them up as I hand them their batch of cupcakes.

" Okay talk " Cherry said as I start to peel the wrapper off the cupcake.  I sighed and then decided to tell her about her wonderful nephew. I told her about what happened at the party and how we got jealous of eachother being with someone else. I included us telling the other one we like them. I decided to mention how in the beginning, when I first met him ,he would do or say something he doesn't mean and try to fix it.

"You mean he really put nails in the parking spot, to give your tires a flat. Then, fixed them in the shop and left you car in your drive thru for you to see " She said laughing as I let out a smile.

" I know Nick and I can say right now he is confused as hell " Cherry said as I give her a look to continue.

" He never had a girl as his best friend because he is used to just using them. When he met you, he thought you weren't going to be a challenge and you guys just kind of clicked by talking. He likes you and he is just scared to loose you if he does take the next step. He does enjoy your company " She said getting up as I just finish my cupcake. I thought about what she said and stared at her for a moment.

" Did he tell you that? " I asked and she nodded her head laughing.

" You know me so well " She said running to the back to get the phone that was ringing. I felt my body tingle as I realize why Nick is acting this way. I thought it was sweet.