Chapter 8

Ava's P.O.V

I pull up in front of the tall gates and the gates were open so I drove pass them. I notice that Nick's car wasn't there so I assumed he wasn't home.

I got out of the car as the rain begins to pour but I didn't care. I sit on the steps and think about how stupid I can be.

Knowing Cherry she would never lie. Kai only told me about Nick because he didn't want me to be around him. The question is why didn't Nick stop him. Did he want me to stop talking to him. Everything was so confusing. I knew something wasn't adding up.

That means Selena lied , too. I can't believe it. I ignored Nick and was so bored out of my mind.

I feel tears start to run down my cheeks as I overthink this situation. I felt my heart pound faster. My body started to shake as I screamed in pain.

" Ava " I heard the soothing voice of Nick as he walks closer to me. He holds the umbrella over my head and locks his car door. " What are you doing here ? " He asked . I slowly got up.

" Why didn't you tell me the truth? Did you want me to stop talking to you? Why did you go along with Kai's stupid lie? Why would he lie to me? I don't understand any of this ?" I said feeling the tears running down my cheeks. My breathing became off as I wait for Nick to speak.

" Okay take it easy. Breathe Ava " He said holding onto me but I felt my heart race more and everything became blurry.

" I think I'm having a panic attack " I said holding onto his arms. I can tell he was worried as he lifts me up bridal style and carries me into his house. I felt like I was out of breath while I cried more. I hold onto my chest thinking I my eyes kept opening and closing.

Nick gets up and returns back with a glass of water.

" I can't breathe " I said with my throat dry from the crying.

" Ava .Just Steady your breathing " Nick said slowly rubbing my back. I listen to him and watch him as he breathes along with me.

"It's going to be okay " He said sitting on the coffee table from across me. He held onto my hands and showed me how to control my breathing. The look in his eyes calmed me down as I felt better.

He hands me clothes to change in as I gladly accepted it. My clothes were all soak and wet. I was in a baggy black t-shirt and grey joggers.

We sit there in silence as I rest on the sofa. Nick gets up returns back with a mug. He hands me it as I stare at the hot chocolate.

" I thought this will warm you up from the rain " He said and I couldn't help but smile. His blue eyes look up at me as he smiles.

"Are you okay?" He whispered and I nodded my head.

" Yeah I'm sorry " I said and he shakes his head .

"No need to worry about it so longs you're okay " He said leaning against the wall. I sip my drink as he is drinking his.

I wanted to tell him something since he was so good with helping me cope with my panic attack.

"Nick I want to tell you something but just wait until I am done to talk " I said since it's a long story. I guess ue should know the stroy behind my panic attack.

Nick nodded his head as I got up and sat next to him on the other couch.

I took a deep breath and let it out.

The real reason I went to Greece was because it had a good therapy conseling for teens who have suicidal thoughts. I looked at all my friends who looked so perfect when we were 14. I was really overweight back then. No one knew that I was hurting on the inside. Scott always figured something was up but I kept telling him it was nothing.

I was starving myself and if I did eat I would've thrown it up. I had too much anxiety that I would break down crying in the middle of the night. I used alcohol as an excuse to erase the pain but nothing happened. The pain was still there that I started to cut myself. I wanted to feel the pain inside me. I thought it was the only way out.

My mom and dad wasn't that concerned over me since I got good grades and I was surrounded with my best friends. However, day by day I was breaking down slowly. Anyone didn't know any of this was happening.

One nigh, my parents weren't home. I threw things around in my room . I took pictures frames by my nightstand and threw them. I hated the person I was. The scars from the cuts were all on my thighs where no one will see them.

Kai had the key to my house and he wanted to visit me to tell me something but he just saved my life. He walked in on me setting up to kill myself. He stopped me as I screamed.I watch as all the blood flow out on my wrist. I broke down crying as he calls my parents and an ambulance.

I blacked out from seeing so much blood and I woke up in the hospital with bandages wrapped around my wrist and thighs. My mom was in front of me crying as my dad held her.

She blamed herself and I felt bad. I was at my lowest point bringing my friends and family down. I wanted to tell her I was sorry but instead she pushed me away. Doctors came in explaining the help I needed and my diagnosis. It was depression but I didn't know from what. I have a perfect life so then it hit me that I was selfish.

My mom came and talked to me after saying how she found the best help for me. My dad didn't want me to go away but he was just still in shock to argue. I left the next day without saying bye to any of my best friends. After a month , I received emails from them about Kai telling them everything what happened but it took a while for him to say. We started to all chat in a group as I got better. My parents visited me every 3 weeks
which made me better.

My recovery was for two years as I took my classes in Greece. I became a new person as I wanted to come home but my mom didn't think it was a good idea. However, Kai did alot of convincing and she loves him like a son so she agreed. When she visited she brought all my friends . It was like a reunion as my mom and dad checked with the doctors and therapist to see how I am doing.

I felt so proud of myself to be happy once again. When I came back from Greece , Kai made sure to be there for me all the time. It was a month before school open that he asked me to be his girlfriend and I said yes.

After I told Nick the story, I was wrapped in his arms again as he removes the hair from my face. He looked at me warily. I rested my head on his chest.

" And that is whyI was so obedient on the first day of school because I didn't want nothing to crash me down " I said. It felt weird being in his arms but good. I had a tingling feeling at the bottom of my stomach.

" Ava I am happy you are better and stronger  " He said as I nodded my head. I felt better to actually tell someone my full story. My best friends don't even know the full story about my feelings about going to Greece and mu depression.

I stare deeply into Nick's blue eyes as  his smile fades.

" So I guess you want answers" He said after a while and I nod my head .

" I know you're innocent" I said and he looks at me with suprise.

"How-" He said but I cut him off.

" Because I just know, Nick and I want to hear the truth from you " I said and his blue eyes light up.