Chapter 13

I sit down in my seat waiting for Nick to walk in. We were in Ap Biology now so we were learning the anatomy. I open my textbook to the page on the board as I feel his presence walk into the room. His eyes met mine but his usual smile wasn't there. He takes his seat as I look at him carefully.

" What's wrong?" I asked and he takes out his notebook.

" Mia is part of the student government so she nominated herself and I for that stupid poll. I had nothing to do with it, I swear. I am sorry but I tried everything I can to change it " He said and I put my hand on top of his.

I smiled at him knowing that he was telling the truth. I could just tell by the way he is looking at me. That's what I like about Nick. He always speaks the truth when he is around me.

" It's okay " I said still upset that he didn't make a move.

" What's wrong with you ?" He asked and I shake my head. His eyes scans my face and then he opens his textbook. " I know there is something wrong but I will figure it out sooner or later " He said with a smug look . We begin to write down the notes on the board as the teacher comes around to collect homework.

Nick and I walk hand in hand to our next class which is on the other side of the school. People watch me with disgust as I sighed. Nick seemed to notice my discomfort as he wraps his arm around my waist pulling me closer.

" I hate the way they all look at you like you're a threat " He whispered and I just shrugged my shoulders.

" It's because I am dating the school's hottie, Nick Doroto " I said in a sarcastic tone as Nick just laughs.

" People thought we broke up because of the school's poll. " Nick said and I nod my head.

We walk in to class and take our usual seat which was in the front and next to each other. During that class, Nick kept passing notes to me . They were cute little quotes and I kept smiling .

It's the little things that matter to me

I would never change a thing about you

For your eyes only , I show you who I really am

Being with you makes me stronger

I don't care what people say when we're together

I look up at him as he just leans back in his chair with a proud smile on his face. He looks at me from the corner of his eyes as I looked away laughing. The teacher gives me a warning look as Nick shows me a cheeky grin.

As soon as the bell rings, I punch Nick in the arm as hard as I can. He just laughs it off as I rolled my eyes. He stares at me amusingly as we walk out of class.

" What was that for ? " He asked and I shake my head at him.

" For making me get scolded by Mrs. H and making me blush " I said as he wrapped his arm around me.

" Well I think Mrs.H is jealous of us " He said as I laughed.

" Whatever, but what's with all the cute quotes " I asked and he gives me a smile that melts my heart.

" Well it's just when I think about those quotes ,I think of you " He said and I laugh at him.

" You are so corny " I said walking faster away from him since we have to go the the next floor.

" I know you love the quotes " He said chasing after me as I let out a squeal. I pick up my pace running through the halls. I didn't care about the crazy looks from people.

I tried to stop myself as Mia came out of no where in my way hanging up posters for homecoming. However, I ended up bumping into her making the papers fly everywhere. Anger rushed into her eyes as she saw me. Nick was right. She was beautiful.