Chapter 27

We stayed in each other's arm as I am listening to the sound of his heartbeat. His hand runs through my hair as we are in comfortable silence.

I know we couldn't stay like this forever but that is what it feels like with him.

" Would you like some, waffles ? " I asked looking up t Nick as he smiles at me softly.

" Sure" He said awkwardly. As we sit down and eat we just listen to the news as we drink tea.

" So, you drink, now? " He asked looking at something behind me. I turn around to look at my favorite wine bottle. I coughed awkwardly.

" Well yes. I can control my drinking now " I said as he nodded his head.

" So you're still working as an accountant ? " I asked and he nodded his head.

" Why did you choose to live back in the city ? " He asked.

" I went to NYU " I said getting up and taking my plate to the sink. He followed me as I turn around and lean on my counter.

I walked to my couch and sat there staring out the window. He sits right next to me as we didn't realize time went by so fast.

" So-"

" Nick, What are we doing ?" I asked cutting him off. He shrugged his shoulders looking at me carefully. The way he looks at me never changed. It was always filled with fascination, admiration and hope.

" We are laying down staring at the sunset " Nick said stating the obvious as I rolled my eyes.

I am not even sure what I wanted to say to him. I thought of a million things I could've said to him but I didn't really mean all those harsh things. I practiced talking to him but feared that I would never see him again, so what was the point ?

I admit to lying to my best friends saying I got over him but it hurts too much to say I am still in love with him. He broke my heart but it was because he loves me.

" Nick " I said getting off the couch as he slowly sits up and sighed.

" What do you want me to do, Ava ? Just say it and I am yours. I don't care anymore about what happen. It was just a stupid mistake. We've been through so much.  " He said and the tears start to come out of my eyes, again.

" It's not that simple ,Nick. You broke my heart " I said getting up .

" How did you think I felt? I had to do what was the best for you. I hated myself so much for leaving you " He said looking up at me.

" You didn't have to leave " I said watching him get up.

" We needed the time apart " He said as I walked to my room as he followed me . I begged him to stay but he chose to go.

" Nick you made your decision so it's obvious you didn't want me" I said crossing my arms over my chest. That seemed to anger him as I said those words. I know I was just being dramatic.

" That's a lie" He said and I nod my head.

" You always ended up screwing things up. You ruined my life " I said as he walked up behind me. He stood in front of me.

" You always blamed me for everything " He said slowly and that triggered me to be furious with him.

" It's because you always messed with my mind" I said with my face turning red. It's so frustrating being with him. He will just never understand what I gave up for him.

" We both know we can't hate eachother " He said pulling me close to him. I move my body against his making him groan while placing his hands against my hips. He crashed his lips against mine tasting ever savory taste. I allow him entrance making my heartbeat race.