Chapter 21

Ava's P.O.V

"Hi, how can I help you ?" The receptionist asked as I look around the hospital in a worried expression. I hate hospitals.

" Hi, I am here for Nick Dorothoa " I said as she looks down at some papers and type into her computer.

" Nick Dorotoa is currently in surgery right now " The reception lady said with a sympathetic tone.

" Okay thanks " I said walking to the waiting room and sitting there.

I can't believe this happened. I was still at shock as my hands were beginning to shake.

I don't want to loose him.

I look up to Mr. and Mrs. Dorotoa walking into the hospital as the reception lady put the phone

down and put on a smile. They talk for a while and fill out some papers.

Nick's parents walk away from the reception and takes a seat away from me. I turn my head towards the window so they won't be able to see me.

My heart starts to beat faster as hours went by but there were no doctors giving us updates on Nick.

I get up and decided to get coffee as that will keep me awake. I go to the hospital's canteen, made three cups of coffee, and paid.

I walk back to where Nick's parents were as his mom seemed to recognize me. I didn't really interact with Nick's dad so he was confused to me standing in front of them.

" I bought you guys some coffee " I said pushing the tray in front of them. Nick's mom gave me a small smile taking her coffee.

" I'm sorry but who are you ?" Nick's dad asked as Nick's mom smack his arm slightly while they laugh.

"I'm Nick's friend " I said slowly as they give me a look that they don't believe me.

" We know you're his girlfriend. Cherry told us" Mr. Dorotoa said as he sips his coffee.

" We were waiting for him to introduce you to us even though we know everything about you since we are good friends with your parents " Mrs.Dorotoa said.

We sit there in quiet sipping our coffee waiting for something to happen. I was hoping for a miracle to happen. It's been so long since they had him in there.

Mr.Dorotoa kept checking for an update but they said he was still under surgery.

" Ava , we're going to get some food. Do you want anything ?" Mrs.Dorotoa asked and I shake my head no.

" I am not hungry " I said as they walk away from where we were sitting.

Tears start to stream down my cheeks as I start to think of the worse outcomes. I can't believe I pushed him away. If I didn't blow up on him, he wouldn't have drove away with that stupid motorcycle.

I started to feel tired an hour later but I didn't want to go home.

**

I woke up to the sound of Nick's mom calling my name. My eyes open to a a patient being wheeled in by a paramedic. The waiting room was empty and we were the only ones there.

" Nick Dorotoa just came out of surgery" Mrs.Dorotoa said with a small smile. I could tell through her eyes she's been crying alot.

"Can I see him ?" I asked as she nodded her head. We walk to up to the reception lady and handed our I.D's to her. She hands them back woth visitors passes.

" Room 783. 7th floor on your left " The receptionist said as we thank her.

Mr.Dorotoa opens the door slightly as Nick's bed was situated in the center of the room on the bed. His mouth had a tube on it. Nick had a bandage wrapped around his head as I saw a cast on his left arm.