Chapter 14

It had to be around 7 as the girls were getting ready at my house for homecoming. I, on the other hand,  was doing Willa's makeup in my pajamas. I wasn't going to homecoming and Nick asked me several times making sure I didn't want to go.

I didn't want to go to homecoming because I wasn't feeling well. My stomach has been hurting like crazy and I feel a bit dizzy. It just started to get cold so my mom said it can be from the sudden change of weather. She said my body could still be adjusting back to New York . I was gone for 2 years so I just felt like staying in bed. I didn't want to tell my friends or Nick because I know they would've got worried about me.

I went to the football game and Nick  scored the last touchdown in less than ten seconds. The team won in victory. I am not really into football but watching Nick do it makes me fascinated. Girls were screaming his name like crazy but after every game, his eyes would scan the crowd and landed on me. Mia, who was on the cheerleading team, kept throwing me nasty looks. I ignored her as usual.

" Are you sure Nick was the reson to you going because I swear -

" No, it was my decision " I said laughing while cutting off Selena. I look back at Willa as I continue to do her makeup.

At 8, all their dates came to pick them up. I watch as Scott glare at Ryder, who was Willa's date. Willa hooked up with him at the party. Kai and Selena looked really happy in their matching color . Miranda was there with Gram as they couldn't get their hands off eachother. Nick came along also to see if I changed my mind.

" I really want you to come to experience your first dance " Nick said making me laugh. There are going to be more school dances. 

" It's okay. Go have fun but not too much fun " I said as he leaned his head against the croak of my neck.

"You smell so good " He said kissing my shoulder as I giggled.

" And you look stunning in your tux" I said and he looks me up and down.

" I wanted to match with you " He said as I look down at my black sweats and t-shirt. I laughed as he kissed my cheek.

" Bye , text me when you are home " I said giving him a kiss on the cheek which makes him grin. I am not upset that we didn't kiss yet but I feel like it's weird that we hadn't.

After my friends left, I decided to watch a movie and drink a cup of tea. I didn't even get through the whole movie since I was a bit tired from working at the bakery earlier.

Nick's P.O.V

I woke up this Saturday morning feeling bummed out. Homecoming was boring without Ava.

I won the homecoming king as Mia won queen. The slow dance was basically her trying to touch me everywhere. She was begging me to come home with her but I refused. She doesn't have a spell on me as she assumed she would.

At the end of the dance, I made it clear to her that I don't want her speaking to Ava or I ever again. I told her that I know what she told Ava and that pissed her off that I told her off. I always knew her true colors but messing with my girl is crossing the line.

I throw on a pair of grey joggers with a white t-shirt on. I pulled on my hoodie feeling the urge to go for a drive. I needed to clear my head. Being a senior is tough. I hate thinking about my future because I want to decide it for myself but my parents already have it all planned out for me.

I got in my car and saw that my crown is still there from homecoming in my seat. I drove to a place where my aunt Cherry goes for fancy events. I quickly walk in as the guy judged me by my outfit. I rolled my eyes since I hate being in sophisticated places.