Chapter 24

" Okay I hope you feel better " Michael said.

" Thank you. I'm sorry for taking the past few days off , again. Have a good day" I said ending the call. I put my phone on the nightstand as I turn on my side in bed.

I haven't been myself for the past few days. I just hate myself for not going with Nick to Connecticut. I should've gone with him.

I hate the pain I am feeling as I drop a glass of water onto the floor. I watch the specks are all over the floor. I quickly get up to get something but felt a numb feeling in my hand as there was a piece of glass in my hand.

I wanted to feel numb right now. I don't want this pain to continue. I sit on a stool by the kitchen counter and just cried as the blood run down my hands.

Later that day,I simply cleaned up my mess and wrapped my right hand in bandages.

I sit there in the couch letting my stomach continue to grumble. The tears burn my eyes as I can't help but miss him. I haven't slept all night or ate anything for about 5 weeks now.

I stopped talking to my bestfriends at home because I don't want them to know something is wrong.

I lay down on the couch staring at the ceiling.

Nick's P.O.V

" Thanks for the ride " I said handing the taxi driver a tip.

I enter the building as the door opens for me.

" Mr.Dorotoa. Nice to see that you ate back " The doorman , Sam , said as I smile at him.

" Well it's only for the week , sadly " I said as he nodded his head.

I walk to the elevators with my small carry on bag around my shoulder. I can't wait to see my girl. I misses her like crazy and I can't wait to suprise her. I haven't seen her for 10 weeks.

I walk into the elevator as the doors open and press the button to the top floor.

I thank god for having Ava in my life. She has been the best thing that's ever happened to me. Ava changed me in a way that makes me proud of the man I am today. My parents are proud of me and that is even more suprising but it's all thanks to Ava. I love her so much.

I walk out of the elevator as I walk to our door and unlock it with my keys.

It's quite late right now so she should be home by now.

I put my bags down by the door and fix my tie. I flew straight here from a meeting so I was in my business attire. I felt like I haven't spoken to Ava for ages as I've been so busy with work and class.

I walk through the big apartment as i couldn't find Ava. I guess she was not home. I go into the kitchen and grab a glass of water as I notice blood on the floor. I was confused so I quickly put down the drink.

I check the fridge and notice there was no food in the fridge.

I go to the master room and heard whimpers coming from there. I quickly barge in as I froze to Ava having tears in our eyes while having a blade to her wrist.

I quickly try to grab the blade out of her arm but she ends up screaming.

" Ava, calm down. It's only me" I said as she starts to sob.

" No , this is all your fault " Ava said as I notice the scars on her wrist.

I wrap my arms around her fragile body as I pull her hands away from eachother.

" Put down the knife " I said and she tried to still fight me.

"I don't want to feel this pain anymore " Ava said as I finally broke her hands free. I threw the knife across the room as I sit down on the floor with her sitting in front of me.