Chapter 27

It's been a few months since Parker was born. Drew is a great dad, I'm not the best mom but I'm pretty good at this whole parenting thing. I'm still pretty young, I was only 18 when I got here I'm now close to 20. I got to say, life is pretty good.

"Chloe, Parker's getting fussy." Drew informs me.

"He's probably just hungry, it's about that time." I say taking Parker from his arms.

"That's definitely something you have to do." He laughs a little.

"I'd be a little concerned if you could feed him. You don't have boobs." I laugh and start to walk off.

I finish feeding my baby, burp him, change his dipper, and put him to sleep. I got lucky, Parker barely cries and falls asleep fairly easily. Of course, my parents came to meet him when he was born, Daniel has been great, he watches Parker sometimes and so do Royal and Aniya. I couldn't ask for anything more. Well, maybe a little girl, but not for another year or two. In all honesty I love being a mom. It's the best feeling in the world.

"He's asleep." I tell Drew while sitting on the couch next to him.

"That's good. He does sleep a lot though." Drew points out.

"All babies do you idiot. Especially after eating."

"Speaking of food, I just ordered pizza. I got hungry too."

"Like father like son." I laugh.

"Hey! It's not my fault I need food."

"If you keep eating like you are you're going to get fat." I point out.

"No I won't. I work out, so I'll just burn off all the 'fat'." He retorts.

"Yeah whatever. I still need to get some of this baby fat off. I've tried almost everything, except going to the gym."

"Call Daniel, I'll take you right now."

"You just ordered pizza. Maybe after. Either way, I have to work tomorrow so I want to spend time with my baby before then."

"I wanna spend time with you too." Drew says.

"I meant Parker, not you sweetie." I say patting his head.

"Oh. I see how it is." He pouts.

"Get over yourself. Let's just turn on a movie. By the time it's over, we'll have pizza and Parker should be up."

"Fine, but I get to pick."

~~~

After the movie Parker woke up crying,  went in to get him and changed his dipper. It's not quiet time for his dinner, so I just walk around and rick with him in my arms while humming. He calms down pretty quick and just sucks on his thumb.

"You both look so adorable. How did I get so lucky?" Drew asks walking over to me and kissing my cheek.

"Cause Jacob had messed up and then I met you." I joke.

"Ouch. That hurt, babe."

"I know."

~~~~

A few hours later everyone has eaten and I sent Drew to put Parker to bed. I'm wiped out so I had just changed into pajamas and went to bed. It's weird that so much has happened in two years. I mean I turn 20 in three weeks. Drew and I haven't really been fighting. He is thinking about getting a better job than retail. He had gone to college but never went out to find a job he was qualified for. He wants a bigger place so therefore needs more money. I have to agree with him. If we ever want another kid, we won't have room. I decided to stick with B.O.R.N. It pays well enough for me and I love the guys.

For the first time, I see a good future for myself. I can see myself playing with my kids and Drew. I can see us getting married and being happy. I'm ready for the future and I'm excited to see what's in-store for me.

*******So, short chapter. I hope you enjoyed it. I'm thinking that the next chapter is going to be the epilogue. I love this book, and it's my favorite so far. I hope you liked seeing Chloe grow as much as I have. As Always.......

Comment

Vote

Fan