𝐢. mundane moment

chapter one

chapter one. . .
mundane moment

    MALIA WALKED INTO the coffee shop, knowing she was late to meet two of her best friends, and she promised like always she'd be on time. But today seemed different, especially since it was one of her best friends birthday. She had to stop and get her a gift, that she knew that the teen would love, after all it was her eighteenth, where you get the more expensive gifts but smaller gifts. The brunette looked around, as she fixed her bag on her shoulder, when she noticed him. His head bopping to the music he was listening to, that escaped from the big black beats headphones he had on.

    The teen rushed over, her wedges hitting the ground, but you didn't hear the normal clicking sound on the ground with that type of heel. When she reached she slammed her shoulder bag on the table and the turquoise, Tiffany and Co bag in front of Simon Lewis. His brows arched wondering who was joining him, he looked up slowly seeing it to be Malia. Simon pushed his headphones off to now be around his neck as he looked at the brunette. "You're late." Simon told her which made her lock eyes with his, knowing she was and didn't need someone to tell her.

    Malia had a mug placed in front of her just seconds after she sat down, which made her smile, she was always greeted by a latte whenever she walked through the door of one of the busiest cafes in New York. "I've done a lot of things this morning." She replied which made Simon pause his music, just by tapping the pause button on his Samsung, and placed his headphones on the table, he knew she was going to ramble. "I brought Clary a present. I've decided to throw a party at my house since Veronica is gone to a spa hotel for a couple of days. So, I've been the best best friend today. And it's a surprise birthday party."

    "My lips are sealed." Simon assured, as he pretended to zip his lips, just as his eyes flickered beyond the blond to a redhead who sulked on her way over to the two. "I think you need to cancel the party."

    "What? Why?" Simon pointed behind her, which made her spin round, in her seat seeing Clary dragging her feet over to the two.

    "Give me the professors' name and I...we will end them." Simon ordered, he knew and so did Malia that Clary deserved to get into the Art Academy and they knew it would make her birthday special. She had always had a love for art, and she had been planning her future as an artist selling her work in some exhibit. "You know, with....with a scathing e-mail to the dean." He added. Simon wasn't the physical type, he was too fragile to hurt anyone.

    "Don't bother." Clary replied, she slapped down the piece of paper, as she sat on the stool beside Malia, who glanced at Simon, she reached forward and grabbed the letter to read it. She turned it over to see the start of the letter, when she saw a word in bold that caught her eye the most she couldn't help but smile.