𝐱𝐱𝐱𝐢. wickedness of morgensterns

chapter thirty-one

chapter thirty-one. . .
wickedness of morgensterns

LUKE TRIED TO digest the information that the four Shadowhunters confirmed his understanding of. Valentine and Veronica had the Soul-Sword. The Garroway acted how they suspected Downworlders would and Malia knew it wasn't good for them or the Clave. As the Soul-Sword was in the possession of the two most wanted criminals in New York it out the Downworlders in danger and if the all of the Downworlders found it would lead to an uprising. Seeing Luke angry wasn't a sight that Malia wanted to get used to but she understood his anger and couldn't help but think of the ways in which they could all comfort his anger.

The werewolf slammed open the door that led out of the kitchen to the restaurant. "How could you not tell me that?" Luke asked as he knew what Valentine has been wanting to do for years as he was once part of the circle.

"The Downworld would be in total chaos if they knew what the Sword could do." Clary defended but the man shook his head in response as he would've guessed the two girls whom he looked at as his daughters would've told them as soon as they had known.

"There would be uprisings everywhere." Jace added.

Luke slowed to a stop to look back at the four Shadowhunters. "So you're saving the Downworlders from themselves?" He questioned causing Malia to glance up towards Jace. "We never asked."

"We didn't even know that Valentine and Veronica could activate the Sword until we realised he had an Angel." Malia defended as she fiddled with her fingers that wrapped around her fingers. "Look, you didn't want to worry you, Luke."

"Well, it's too late for that." Luke retorted, the two girls had thought it would be best to keep him out of the dark but he wished that they had told him, they were family.

"Look, you don't understand, all right--"

"No." Luke snapped towards the Wayland causing Malia to sigh. "I do understand. They have my sister." Malia cleared her throat as she looked up at Jace, Luke had been able to exchange looks between the two Shadowhunters causing his face to harden. "What else aren't you two telling me?"

Malia cleared her throat. "T-The Angel, he...he showed Jace and I something." She told.

"Just now, on the rooftop, he showed us both a vision of a demon that can destroy the Sword." Jace explained.

"Wait," Zane broke his silence. "how do you know that's what he was telling you?" He questioned.

"There's no other explanation." Malia replied as she gave the Davenport a faint smile. "When the demon touched the Sword, he and the Sword both disintegrated."