𝐱𝐱𝐱𝐢𝐯. angelic blood

chapter thirty-five

chapter thirty-five. . .
angelic blood

"CLARY, WE CAN'T panic." Ben eased as he watched her pace up and down with the concern of what Valentine and Veronica would be capable of doing to Simon who they captured. Malia couldn't think of the worse because of how the voices in her head all worked together at once in causing her headache. Time was running out and Malia was worried if they were going to lose, they couldn't have had. Malia chewed on her bottom lip as she rubbed the back of her neck with the feel of her hairs rising from the cold shiver that had run down her back. It was as if too much was happening at once, and Malia begun to worry of where Valentine and Veronica and had caused their destruction next.

"They're psychopaths." Clary exclaimed as she looked back at Ben who had been hoping for the redhead to calm in order for her to be of help to take down Valentine. "Simon is innocent in all of this. The only reason they took him captive was because we care about him." She gestured towards Malia who had been drowning on Clary's high pitched voice for a while as she felt like if all voices played at once she wasn't going to be able to cope with it.

"Hey." Luke had jogged over after he had searched the entire premises with knowing of Valentine's experiments that he had set free into the city. "All the prisoners are either dead or gone. No sign of Cleophas."

Jace's eyes shifted towards Malia noticing her deafening silence causing him to rest a hand on her shoulder and which had somewhat allowed her to breath. "Hey, it's gonna be okay." He reassured her before pulling her into his hold causing her eyes to flutter close as she allowed him to embrace her.

But Malia's head shook lightly. "I-I don't think--"

Before Malia had voiced her opinion Clary's phone had rung in the back pocket of her jeans. The teen looked at the caller ID on her screen and seeing Simon's face had caused her not even more panic but confusion. "Answer it, Clary." Luke told her.

Clary had swiped her finger across the screen of her cell to answer the video call that came to show Simon squirming within a chair he had been tied to and with duct tape stuck over his mouth to stop him from talking. Lurking behind the vampire was Veronica who twirled a ring dagger between her fingers whilst smirking at the camera that not only featured her and Simon but Valentine. "No."

"Hello, Clary." Veronica grinned as she waved the ring dagger towards the Fairchild before she had noticed Malia looking over Clary's shoulder to see the screen. "Hey, Malia. I'm so sorry but I'm afraid my brother and I have run out of options."

"Let Simon go." Malia demanded.

Veronica nodded. "Yeah, sure." Malia's brows furrowed in confusion. "We will do that as soon as you come back to the Institute. We need Clary to activate the Sword for us."