𝐱𝐱𝐯𝐢𝐢. pointed blame

chapter twenty-seven

chapter twenty-seven. . .
pointed blame

      A BANSHEE PREMONITION had turned Malia into a state of mind she wasn't able to control and nor could she even if she wanted to. The brunette had gotten a text from Zane wanting her to pick him up from his apartment he had been unpacking and which he needed help with getting his belongings to the New York Institute. The Bellerose was so sure she had been approaching the Davenport's apartment as she turned round every corner and went past every traffic light until she had gotten out of her car. Zane lived in Brooklyn, in one of the most nicest apartments, and to which had caused her confusion as she stood in the middle of a side street of New York, unfamiliar to where she had known. It had happened again. She had ended up somewhere else when she was heading somewhere completely different.

Malia's eyes flickered around the perimeter, her eyes falling onto the body sprawled out on the floor as silence took over the street. The teen slid her keys into the pocket of her leather coat as she slowed to a stop to absorb her surroundings. Her eyes took in every detail, from the emptiness the street before she had crept her way closer towards the figure that laid there, it caused her to stiffen within the middle of the street. "Oh, God." Malia mumbled to herself before she had hovered over him preparing herself to see what damage had led to his death. Her bottom lip trembled as she took over the opened wound that made her feel sick to her stomach, the hole within the boy's chest and his eyes staring back at her had caused a scream to erupt from her lips.

It made everything around her sound more peaceful, the whispers she had been so used to had stopped and she gathered her bearings before taking a quick step away from the body. The hole punctured straight through his chest gave the thought of it being a demon. Malia pulled her stele out of her pocket alongside her phone, she twirled her stele between her fingers before drawing a glamour around the whole scene to where mundanes were unfamiliar to it.

As she had done that, with her free hand she had called Luke, she thought it was the sane thing to do given it was a dead body, at least the police was somewhat involved and God knows if they knew about it already. "Malia?" Luke questioned her phone call and couldn't but fall into immediately concern for the banshee.

"Luke..." Malia sighed. "I-I found a body." She announced.

Malia had waited in the hidden glamour, she waited for her friends and she waited for Zane who she had texted her location to, hoping he'd be able to carry his things to where she stood. Mundanes had walked past, blind to the dead body that Malia had kept company, and which made her feel rather cold than warm and goosebumps ran over her arms. When Luke had showed up she couldn't help but be relieved when he stepped into the glamour and to where he wasn't alone as Zane had followed after her.