𝐥𝐢𝐯. true her resurfacing

chapter forty-four

chapter forty-four. . .
true her resurfacing

"YOU KNOW, USUALLY, when people are kidnapped, they scream, they beg." Jonathan was confused with how the Seelie Queen was handling the situation where he had expected something different of her. He expected her to put up a fight but she had somewhat caved into the idea of being kidnapped, held against her will. "Why are you smiling?" The Morgenstern wondered as his brows knitted together. The Seelie Queen was far too calm for the situation but the reason for her smile was that she knew how her people worked and in due time she was going to be free from her kidnap of two Morgensterns feeding into each others darkness. Her smile was devilish, it was as if she was amused by the situation.

"When you first came to my court, I thought nothing more than an impetuous child." The Seelie Queen remarked causing Jonathan to scoff. He believed he was more than that. "But you're man now, aren't you?"

"Perhaps you shouldn't have underestimated me."

"A mistake I can't possible make again." Malia had slowly begun her way toward her brother, fiddling with the sleeve of her leather jacket that was over the dark purple vest top she wore and which she had changed to after their fun at the Bone Chandelier. And the goo that came from killing a Seelie had drenched the sleeve of her dress causing her change in clothes. "Never in the history of the Seelie Court has someone managed to do what you have."

"Well, I can't take all the credit, Your Highness." Jonathan knew he had his sister to thank.

Malia's eyes rolled, noticing the lingering eye both had on each other and it made her think of how flirtatious the both were being. "Are you two done with your flirting?" She questioned.

"I wasn't flirting." Jonathan defended.

"I was." The Seelie Queen admitted as she cheekily smiled up at the Morgenstern who had never thought of her in that specific way.

"We have to tend to the matter at hand." Malia reminded as she twirled her stele between her fingers. "Your people have something that belong to us." The Seelie Queen raised a brow at Malia who had craved for the Morning Star swords just the same as her brother. "Why don't you use your birds and your bees to tell the Seelie Court to hand over the Morning Star swords?"

"And if I don't comply?" Malia knew it wasn't an option, so it shouldn't of had been suggested. The banshee had clenched her fist and swung it in the Seelie's direction and which had pounded her in the cheek. A gasp escaped her lips, taken back with the action Malia had pulled and as it had shocked the Seelie Queen, it also shocked Jonathan. "I'd expect this behavior from a proper Morgenstern, not from you."

Malia sighed as her hands rested on the knees of her jeans. A smile planted itself on her lips as she was prepared to inform the Seelie Queen. "Well, I am a proper Morgenstern, just like my brother. After all, we are one."