𝐱𝐱𝐯. run to escape

chapter twenty-five

chapter twenty-five. . .
run to escape

     ZANE HAD BEEN thinking about what Veronica had said to him. Phase two: the drill. Trephination were used in the medical field, either where there was a bleeding on the brain, or where someone had really bad migraines. Malia was fine apart from the fact she was a harbinger of death and carried a lot of it on her back. The boy had walked out onto the stairwell where he had realised Valentine and Veronica had done a lot of their time staring out to their army in admiration. He had never seen a brother and sister duo as such.

    The Davenport's throat had cleared and which had pulled Valentine and Veronica from their conversation to look back at him. Veronica's brows raised at the presences of the light brunette he was supposed to be by Malia's side when she had woken up. "Zane." Veronica tried to be warm but it wasn't in her real nature. "Is Malia awake?"

    "N-No. Not yet." Zane replied. "I was wondering if I can talk to you Veronica," His eyes flickered towards Valentine knowing he needed a second alone with the woman. "alone."

    "Anything you can say in front of me, you say in front my brother." Veronica informed as her hands rested on her hips. "What's wrong?" She asked.

    "Phase two." Zane stated causing Valentine to raise his brow. He didn't expect his sister to give detail out to Zane about the truth of what they were planning to do. "Drilling? As in trephination?"

     "Didn't you want to become a doctor?"

     Zane sighed heavily. "Veronica, what are you doing?"

     "Increasing Malia's powers." Valentine explained causing Zane's attention to flicker towards Veronica. "It amplifies her power and helps her with her abilities. She'll help us from losing."

      "Have you done this before?" Zane asked with worry. "Do you know the consequences?"

     "Death is in the risks." Veronica stated as her jaw clenched not thinking that Zane would be so interested in the truth given she believed that he trusted her. "But, we did this with her mother, Tatia. And she's still alive till today."

     "And where is she?"

     Veronica sighed heavily as Valentine had stepped forward. "No one speaks or sees, Tatia. Not unless we want them to." He stated before resting a hand on his shoulder. "You're here for one reason and one reason only, Zane. To be an anchor for Malia. Try to coax her. You don't leave her side. Now, if you don't mind...follow your orders." Zane shrugged out from Valentine's touch before he had slowly turned himself away. Death is in the risks. Zane knew he had to save Malia.