𝐱𝐱𝐱𝐯. greater demon

chapter thirty-five

chapter thirty-five. . .
greater demon

     VERONICA MISSING WASN'T comforting for Malia as she had thought what plan the woman could be conjuring up whilst Valentine was prepared to be interrogated by Inquisitor Herondale, who was eager to get some answers from the Morgenstern they imprisoned. The Bellerose had wished that they had caught the younger Morgenstern and tortured her just the same as they planned with Valentine. After Veronica had killed Zane, Malia had been trying to work with her grief and her anger because of the fact that Veronica had managed to have escaped from being held in a cell she belonged to be in for the damage she had caused.

     Malia had been working with her grief and anger by one way. It was constantly training on her own. She had isolated herself for sometime, and which she continued to do because of the fact Jace had seemed slightly distant, and all Clary and Simon could do was kiss each other and enjoying the fact that the Lewis could sit out in the sun. Malia was happy for her vampire best friend but she was still hurting from the Davenport's death.

    The banshee's hands were clenched into a fist as she pounded it into the punchbag that wobbled from her hits. What she imagined was Veronica's face on the punchbag knowing that that the next time she saw her she was prepared to kill her. Malia had turned her foot to swing a tornado roundhouse kick as a shriek escaped her lips causing the punchbag to fall onto its back and slid across the floor causing a groan to escape her lips.

    Jace and Clary's eyes concentrated on the brunette, they had been watching for some time knowing that Inquisitor Herondale didn't just want to talk to the two of them but Malia too. Clary frowned as Malia had approached the punchbag before she had cleared her throat to break the silence and make their presences aware. "Hey, Malia." Clary greeted causing her best friend to look over her shoulder at the redhead.

    "Hi."

     "You need to shower and get dressed." Jace told causing the teen's brows to knit together in confusion. "Inquisitor Herondale would like to speak with us. Now."

     Malia's lips pressed into a thin line as she begun to unstrap her padded hand wraps which had caused her hands to sweat. "Okay." She nodded before beginning her approach towards them to step out of the training room. "Uh, I'll be quick."

     Clary had noticed how Malia had avoided eye contact from the both of them as she brushed past causing a sigh to escape her lips as she fell into concern for her sister. "Zane's death has hit her hard, Jace." She voiced before glancing up at the blonde. "Has she talked to you about it?"

    Jace's head shook. "No. You?"

   Clary pouted. "No. Not a word. I actually think she's avoiding me." She admitted.