𝐥𝐯𝐢. just one more breath

chapter fifty-six

chapter fifty-six. . .
just one more breath

    MALIA HAD THOUGHT of sleeping without the worry of anything, just wanting to be held in Jace's arms but she couldn't. As Jace had been sleeping, she had been watching the ceiling of his room, her thought lingered on Jonathan and the fact that he was still out in the world probably await got case damage as he had been left to fend for himself in a world he knew hated him. The brunette's anxiety had been hidden from her boyfriend who hadn't left her side for the entirety of the morning, he didn't even leave her side in the shower, both enjoying their hands roaming against each other.

     Jace hadn't noticed her nerves but it had been something she had found easy to cover up. She had been thinking of what destruction Jonathan may be able to cause as he still roamed the streets freely as she wandered through the Ops Centre with the Herondale, unknown to the fire message direction its way towards them both.

    With a spin, they had both pinched the invitations that had been sent via fire message and which were invites to Magnus and Alec's wedding, happening during the very same day. Jace was yet happy for his parabatai as he smiled down at the invitations he couldn't believe he was holding in his hands. "They're not wasting any time. It's happening tonight."

     Malia had giggled. "Ugh, about time." Jace's eyes flickered up towards the brunette, noticing the smile that had spread across her lips and which has caused him to mimic the same. "Hey, you wanna be my date?"

   "Yes, I do." He wondered how it had even been a question. With how well their relationship was working, he was already her date before she had asked him.

    As much as Malia wanted to be happy, what she felt about Jonathan weighed on her shoulders and she figured it was for the better if she enlightened Jace with her concern. "Hey, Jace..."

    He wanted to have had been happy, but he had noticed how chirpy Malia's voice had been before it had brought him concern. "What? What is it?"

     "Jonathan." Malia uttered the name as she rested against the railing. "He's still out there. I wished we could celebrate but--"

    Jace's hand fell onto the teen's lower back soothing her as it rubbed up and down as if it was to ease her thoughts. "Yeah, I know. But there's always gonna be demons lurking. Edom may be gone, but there's plenty of other Hell realms still out there. But that doesn't mean we can't come together and celebrate a wedding. It's what we fight for, right? So we can live and love in peace."

    MALIA HAD HURRIED through the Ops Centre, trying to find Ben who had been focusing on whereabouts of Jonathan, trying to catch him before he had caused any sort of destruction to the world. She needed to know what the Rivers had known, what he had found during the trip to Edom where he had chosen to stay behind. The brunette her broken out into a smile at the sight of the Rivers who had just begun his leave away from the screens he had been studying where he had noticed the demon activity picking up in different cities.