𝐱𝐱𝐱𝐯𝐢𝐢𝐢. the haunting seelie court

chapter thirty-eight

chapter thirty-eight. . .
the haunting seelie court

"WE HAVE LOST seven of our own, but we can't allow a single radical Seelie to define the entire Downworld," Alec stood as the head of the Institute since Imogen's departure and Malia had never seen the Lightwood stand in a role so perfect enough for him. A smile had spread across her face as she stood within the briefing in which Alec had called to gather all of the Shadowhunters from their positions for a briefing well needed since their losses by hand of a Seelie. "any more than we can allow Valentine to define all Shadowhunters. So, to restore unity with our allies, I will be hosting a regular cabinet meetings here with the Downworld leaders of New York. These meetings will promote..."

Malia's attention had been caught by Lindsay broken silence as she turned to a fellow Shadowhunter to mumble her opinion towards Alec's choice in which was a good one when it came to the Shadow World. "I'm all for unity, but does he have to bring them here?"

"What do you expect?" Duncan questioned causing Malia to raise a brow at the glare in which the man held. "He's dating a warlock."

Lindsay scoffed. "Still can't believe Alec Lightwood is in charge." She commented.

"Just wait. In a week, it'll be someone else."

"Hey." Isabelle snapped towards the two hearing their chatter just the same as the Bellerose was. "Show some respect."

"Please, let's make the Downworlders feel welcome." Alec instructed before the briefing had been dismissed.

Ben's eyes followed his parabatai as he jogged down the steps as everyone had scattered back to their positions. "Look at you. You're in charge for a week and already shaking things up. I like this." He voiced as he patted Alec in his back.

"I think this cabinet thing's a good idea." Jace commented before Malia had joined their conversation with a wide smile as she was highly impressed with how Alec had been handling leadership.

"Yeah, I'm not sure everyone agrees." Alec admitted as he had been able to hear the whispers about his leadership and the questioning looks on his choices.

"All the more reason to do it." Clary clapped as she broke out into a wide smile. "How can I help?"

"Actually, I need you, Jace, Ben and Malia for a mission." The banshee's brows furrowed in confusion as she wondered what mission in which Alec was sending her and her friends on. "Going to the Seelie Court."