𝐥𝐢𝐢. monsters are free on halloween

chapter fifty-two

chapter fifty-two. . .
monsters are free on halloween

HALLOWEEN HAD NEVER been Malia's favourite holiday, dressing up wasn't so exciting unlike when she was ten years old and enjoyed trick-or-treating. Her Halloween's before had been either consumed with candy or going to a party during high school and on the first Halloween at the Institute she had been spending it rather differently.

The vials in which Isabelle had done a lot of research on as she had been wanting it to help her friends with removing the rune engraved on their chests. She had tried to to find the perfect serum to ruin the connection between Jonathan and the sisters, it caused a lot of time to have had been spent. "I ran some tests on Jonathan's blood. The heavenly fire serum caused a reaction that purged of all of its demonic essence."

"So, injecting Jonathan will burn away all his and Malia's demon blood?" Alec questioned. That information had been shared around their friend group and they hoped to help Malia return to how she was before, less angrier and temperamental.

"And his demonic connection with Clary and Malia." The raven haired added as she smiled at the two girls, feeding them so much hope. "We've finally found a way to separate you from your brother."

"So, once we remove the Triplet rune, he won't have any influence over you." Jace sighed in relief as he hugged onto the banshee who hugged him back just as tight. "He won't be able to hurt you."

"Thank God." Ben sighed as he pecked the side of Clary's head.

"Uh," Malia had felt concern for her brother, she questioned why but it lead her to asking the question that bothered her. "what will the injection do to him?" She pulled away from Jace's hold to face her the Lightwood filled with information of this procedure.

Alec's brows furrowed at the question the teen held for a boy she wasn't supposed to care too much about. "It will hurt. A lot." Isabelle answered. "You'll feel it, too. But only until the connection breaks. After that, both of you will be fine."

"Let's do it."

"Kiddos?" Malia recognised the voice as she had spun on her feet with the excitement that caused her heartbeat to rise. Luke Garroway stepped into the room.

Clary's eyes widened. "Luke." She sighed in relief as she had been quick to engulf the man into a hug and he had made sure he had pulled Malia in just the same. They had both thought they'd never see him again, but they had both been proved wrong.

"How did you get out of prison?" Ben questioned as his brows kitted together in confusion awaiting for an explanation.

"The Praetor Lupus pulled some serious strings." Luke answered after pulling away from the girls. "I'll tell you the whole story later. Right now, I'm just here to support my daughters."