Family and Flashbacks

Austin's p.o.v 

"What's the deal? To begin with, you were all mean and angry towards Ally but now you feel guilty? Make up your mind, Austin." Dez exclaimed after I'd told him how I felt. He was driving us home since I was too upset to drive and would probably loose concentration and run us into a bush or something.

"I don't know. I was caught in the moment. I was only mad because Ally lied to me and was with some other guy. Why aren't you sticking up for me, your best friend?" I asked, but even as I spoke the words, they didn't seem right.

"I'm not taking sides and first of all, it's not like you've never lied to Ally. You said that you liked her song that one time when you actually hated it, and that other time when you said you got a C in maths so you could perform for that little kids birthday party but you got a D-. And second, she said that Luke was just her friend. What, she's not allowed to have guy friends but when you're friends with girls like Trish and Kira then it's okay? That doesn't seem fair." Dez replied. Wow, talk about a speech.

I nodded in agreement. "Alright, I hear you. Hey, since when did you get so smart?" I asked, amazed. Dez has never been the smart one.

He grinned and shrugged. "I've always been smart, but sometimes smart's boring. I mean, Ally's smart. I prefer to be crazy and weird." He beamed, turning the car left.

Ally's p.o.v

The second I got back to the house I ran up to my room and cried. I might dehydrate if I keep crying. Austin clearly doesn't want me anymore and I have no idea why Luke left.

"Ally?" I heard Carter say quietly on the other side of my door. He opened it a little and poked his head round. "Can I come in?" He asked.

I nodded and hugged my pillow. I don't know why but I've seen people in movies do it when they're crying and they feel better afterwards.

Carter sat at the edge of my bed and looked at me. "Look, I know you're upset but you don't need him. You have your friends and family with you. Don't let him spoil your holiday." Carter said softly.

"I appreciate you trying to help but I can't live without Austin, I love him. I'm so stupid!" I sniffed.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa. You might be a lot of things; like a bad dancer for example, but you are anything but stupid! Ally, you are the smartest girl I know. I tell my friends that my cousin Ally is smart and creative, not stupid. If Austin can't realise that you are something special, then it's his loss. Alright?" Carter smiled.

I smiled too. "Awh Carter. Come here buddy." I laughed and I hugged him. My cousins always know how to cheer me up. Since I'm an only child, I'm glad to have them as my substitute siblings.

Then another knock came from my door and Carly and Chrissy walked in. "Hi guys." I smiled.

"We weren't eavesdropping!" Chrissy suddenly said really fast. Carly slapped her arm.

I laughed and they sat on my bed too. "I don't care. I love you all." I smiled and we all hugged.

"Tomorrow, to make you feel better, how about we all go to the movies? Your choice." Carly suggested. Since I got here, just us kids haven't had much time together so this would be perfect.

"Okay. I should get some sleep, I've had a big day. I'll see you guys in the morning though." I smiled and then they all left.

I sighed and started writing lyrics in my book.

Austin's p.o.v

I got in and went straight to my room. Dez went to get some dinner, so I had the house to myself. I jumped on my bed and stared up to my ceiling. I was thinking about Ally when I suddenly had a flash back.

FLASHBACK TO THE BEACH (Chapter Making Up or Breaking Up?)

"Okay, yeah you have messed up a few times and I have been upset about most of them but I forgive you every time, because I love you. And I have messed up too, like the time when....Okay I haven't messed up yet, but I will...Trust me! And hopefully you will forgive me for it." Ally said smiling. We were sitting on the beach after our first big fight.

I rubbed my eyes dry with my shirt and smiled. "I will, I promise I will forgive you, no matter how bad it is. So does this mean you forgive me and we go back to just you and me, no one else interfering?" I asked, my eyes were red where I'd rubbed them.

Ally nodded. "Yes." she replied hugging me again. We pulled apart and watched the sunset, my arm around her shoulders.

I sat up and looked at the wall. "I promised. I promised Ally and I broke it." I said to myself. I have to apologise before it's too late. I just hope she still forgives me.

I picked up my phone and called Ally...