Our Destiny..... Ch. 23 Auslly fanfiction

Austin's POV

I know where to go. Not only do I have a vague idea, I could tell you about the speed limit, time of day there's the most traffic, and once-faulty traffic light that resulted in my father's death. Right in front of number 2353, Lasker Boulovard. Not that you asked.

But I do remember every detail of that day. My dad, telling my sister Erin about the time his phone was stolen.

"Why didn't you call the police? Like, with a different phone?" she'd asked. The light turned green, and my dad began to answer.

"Because-" He never actually finished his sentence. The light turned green to the right side, too. In the backseat, I grabbed Erin tight, and we were okay. But nothing else was anything near okay.

That was four years ago, but I still have avoided this street, I'd planned on avoiding it my whole life, it was just easier. But now, if it'll save Ally...

2353, Lasker Boulovard. Zyder. For Ally. I try to drive a different way then we had that day, but as I get closer, I find there's really only one way. I park, but I don't get out of the car. I just stare at the address, like I had the last time I was here, for a long time. But finally, I know I don't have a choice.

I walk slowly up to the door, trying to block out the bad memories. Instead, I attempt to replace them with other thoughts, better ones. I knock on the tan-painted door, holding my breath. A young boy answers, probably thirteen at the most. I wonder if I have the right house. Maybe the trauma of the accident led me to believe that it would be here?

But no, when he sees the badge in my left hand, he snatches it, and pulls me inside. "Do you have the letter?" he whispers. I nod, and give it to him. He walks over to a seemingly bare wall, and opens what looks like a mail slot, coming out from the wall. Then he ushers me back to the door. "Get out of here," the kid whispers. "Don't come back."

Gladly.

Ally's POV

"Faster, Ally!" Janelle calls across the huge room. I catch my breath, something I barely have any left of. She's been having me run around, avoiding obstacles, for the past few hours! And yet she tells me to go faster! Any fastness I once had in me is long gone.

When I finish the course, much slower than the first time, Janelle sighs. I glare at her. "I'm doing the best I can, okay?"

"I know you are, you're right, we should move on."

"Thank God," I mutter under my breath.

"Okay, Ally, this part is going to be confusing, annoying, and even dangerous. Are you up for it?"

"As long as I don't have to move, I'm good with anything."

"Nope, no moving, basically, for this part. But you do have to stay alert at all times, or that's where the danger comes in," she warns. I nod.

"Let's go for it."

Janelle takes me to a room on the side of the gym, which, at first glance, just looks like an empty closet. "Sit on the floor," she commands. I oblige, and she leaves closing the door behind me. After a few seconds though, her voice is ringing throughout the tiny room, like it's a loudspeaker. "Okay, Ally. You may not get this yet, but I'm going to turn on the lights. It'll be kind of like being in the middle of a moving, flashing optical illusion. Just...tell me if you see anything. I can here you fine."

I kind of understand what she's saying, so I nod, and the room lights up. It is like being surrounded by optical illusions. The walls become checkered, black and white. Then the black squares turn white, and vice-versa. It's really annoying, and I want to just shut my eyes, but I know I'm not supposed to.

Suddenly, I gasp. In the midst of all the lights, I can see something else, a picture coming into focus. If I squint, I can make out myself, and there's someone on the ground next to me, who I'm trying to help. But...i don't know where this picture is from. I don't remember this moment. How is Janelle showing me something that hasn't happened?

"Ally? Do you see anything?"

"Yeah," I call.

"You don't have to shout, I can hear you fine normally. Now what do you see?" Janelle asks.

"I see myself, and someone else, and-" suddenly, the squares begin to spin around the room at lighting speed, changing color so fast I'm dizzy. I hear Janelle scream, and everything goes black.

______________________________________________________________________________

Major procrastination points in this corner!!! No seriously, I'm really sorry guys, been doing this like teen daycamp sort of thing, so I have less time than normal...then next week, I'll be away at this overnight camp in the Santa Cruz Mountains...NO INTERNET AT ALL WHATSOEVER FOR A WEEK so don't expect a chapter for awhile...

Anywhooo, hope you liked that chapter, I was kinda bored writing it, but hopefully you're nothing like me, and actually enjoyed! Vote and comment pleeeeeasy please please! ~Ivy :)