[22] Inevitable

"So where are we going?" I asked Caleb for the billionth time. It's been 15 minutes in the car and he still hasn't told me where we're going. He had a smile on his face as he saw my frustration growing and his grin only widened as I asked again.

"For the billionth time, it's a surprise." I groaned making him chuckle. I laid my head against the window of the car door and watched as the trees and buildings past by. We weren't even in the city anymore. I closed my eyes, feeling the cold of the window on my skin, sighing slightly. Suddenly the car came to a stop and my eyes flew open.

We were in a dark forest. Trees surrounded us and there was no light to be seen. I looked to Caleb nervously. "Do you know where we're going?" He smiled with a wink and jumped out of the car, me in tow. "Where are you going?" He smiled at me once more but ignored me walking to a tree. I stood back and watched him work. Suddenly a billion tiny lights jumped out. They curled around tree branches and trunks, lighting the area. Caleb brought out a picnic and placed it on the ground, sitting down over it and patting the spot next to him.

"Caleb, you did all this?" I asked as I sat, taking in the breathless scene before me. He rubbed the back of his neck sheepishly.

"The boys might have helped a bit." He took out some sandwiches and passed me one. "Alec let Max help with the food." He blushed a bit, making me smile. I leaned over and kissed his cheek.

"Thank you, Caleb. No one's ever done this for me before." He smiled and leaned in to kiss me but I put my hand up, making him kiss my hand. "Still changes nothing." He sighed and chuckled, running a hand through his hair as we kept eating.

"You know, you're going to have to let me in at some point. I mean, I obviously like you, and you obviously like me. The attraction is undeniable, Cat. Just accept the inevitable." He joked with half seriousness.

"Caleb it doesn't matter what I want. I can't risk putting everyone in danger. It's already enough that I'm putting Maya and Kayla in danger I can't do the same to you." I looked down, fiddling with my hands. I felt Caleb shift over closer to me and he pulled my chin up to look at him.

"Cat, you don't need to be scared. You seem to forget that I'm a gang leader, babe." He chuckled. "I'd never let anything happen to you or to Kayla. Or Maya as a matter of fact. You already caught me, you can't throw me back now." I laughed making him smile. "Believe it or not Cat, I do care about you. More than I probably should, but I'm not one of those guys who'll say one thing and do the other. I'm not planning on running out on you or doing anything to make the situation worse. So far, Maya and I know about your past, neither of us would ever betray you like that. There's no way that they'd find you. We can keep it a secret from the rest of the gang. No one need's to know the unnecessary facts.

"Cat, as soon as I saw you I couldn't get you out of my head. I thought about you constantly. You were always on my mind. I'm not planning on giving you up, Cat, and I'm not letting you run away." His eyes held me captive as his grip on my chin forced me to look at him. They shined with honesty and I couldn't believe the words he said. He wants to take care of me and Kayla, keep us safe. Can I really risk him?

"Yes, you can." I blushed realizing I asked that out loud. Suddenly I started laughing. Tears started sliding down my cheeks and my smile hurt because it was so wide. He wiped my tears with his thumb, resting his hand on my cheek with a smile. I threw my arms around his neck and pressed my lips against his. He gripped my waist and pulled me closer to him.

The kiss was slow and full of passion and love. Complete reassurance of his feelings for me. I smiled into the kiss and he copied. I pulled away with a smile, watching as he lifted his hand up to brush my hair out of my face.

"So is that a yes?" He asked with a soft smile.

"To what question?" He leaned back and picked a white rose from the basket, handing it to me.

"Katerina Bellanova, would you do me the honor of being my girlfriend and my gorgeous date to homecoming?"

"Yes to one of those questions." His mouth gaped.

"Which one?" He asked bewildered, making me chuckle.

"The one that's not already true." I grabbed the last chocolate covered strawberry and stood up, heading to the car and leaving Caleb on the ground stuck. Suddenly arms hugged my waist and pulled me against a hard chest, spinning me around. I giggled and laughed as Caleb spun me, he placed me around and turned me too him, he smiled down at me as he cupped my cheek and leaned in, pressing his lips to mine.

Our lips moved in sync as his hands gripped my waist, pulling me impossibly closer. I moved my hands up to his hair and tugged, making him groan into my mouth and deepening the kiss. I let out a soft moan as his tongue touched me, kissing me with so much need. I lost track of how long we kissed for until a phone began ringing. We pulled apart breathless and Caleb answered his phone.
"Hello?" His voice weak as he panted, catching his breath. I smiled as I pulled on his neck and kiss his cheek, following down to his neck. I licked a spot and he moaned into the phone. "What? No, we're not. Not yet at least." I slapped his chest with a smile and he chuckled into the phone. "Yeah, alright we'll be there soon." He put his phone away and placed a sweet kiss on my lips then on my forehead, holding me in a hug with his face in the crook of my neck. "We're going to be late for homecoming." He muttered against my skin. His hot breath fanned against me, making me suppress a shiver. He noticed and smiled, placing soft butterfly kisses against my neck climbing up and kissing my cheek. He took a step back, pulling on my hand in his. "Come on." I looked back at the picnic.

"What about all the stuff?"

"Don't worry about it, I'll have someone coming here later." I smiled and nodded.

We got in the car and he drove back into the city, my dress is still the same one I was going to wear to homecoming and Jayde insisted I wear heels so I was ready. Caleb's suit wasn't a tux but it was still dinner and homecoming ready.

He looked so good in that suit I literally had to hold myself back and resist jumping him right there and then. I watched him drive. I watched the hair fall in his face and watched as his muscles contracted as he lifted his arms to push it out of his eyes. Watched as he placed his hand on my thigh and squeezed slightly.

"Enjoying the view?" He smiled at me.

"Oh, most definitely." He chuckled and squeezed my thigh slightly. I grabbed his hand and placed it in mine. We sat in comfortable silence as we drove to the school.

The silence was interrupted by the pounding music coming from inside the school. Students stood outside the doors with their dates. The colorful lights blinking from the gym lit the hallway as we made our way into the school.

We stopped at the gym doors and he pulled my hand in his, wrapping his arm on my shoulders and pulling me up against him. "You ready?" He asked me looking down with a smile. I let out a sigh of nervousness as looked up at him.

"Yeah, I'm ready." He gave me a small kiss with a smile before he opened the doors and we walked in.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Short I know, but at least Cat finally gave up!!

I want to thank you guys for all the support you guys are giving me.

I mean seriously!! 40k views!! #2 in Action!! This is rediculous! 

What started as a creative writing project turned into this.

Thank you guys for everything!

Love you all!!!

~Alice