[28] Kayla?

Here is your second Chapter for the week, as promised. 

Sorry it's so short, I just thought this was a good place to cut it off. 

Love you guys!

~Alice

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 After my episode back at Kayla's school, we heard the sirens coming our way. The faculty probably heard my screaming and called the police. We got out of there faster than Mindy at a sale. The drive was silent, as if Caleb was afraid to damage me further. It pissed me off but I kept my mouth shut. I didn't feel like having a nice conversation at the moment.

We pulled up at the warehouse and went down to the base. "EVERYONE ON THE COUCH NOW!" In seconds, Alec, Mason, and Blake were sitting on the couch, watching me wide eyed. "They took Kayla."

"What?" Mason whispered. He was the closest to Kayla besides me. I knew he saw her as a little sister, so this made it all the more painful. "What do you mean they took Kayla?" He asked stronger standing up and closing the distance between us. Caleb placed a hand on Mason's chest, forcing a distance.

"Cool it man." He warned but Mason ignored.

"What do you mean they took Kayla." He asked with a glare.

"It means, the Serpent Fangs kidnapped Kayla." I said with all my strength. Mason's shoulders dropped and he fell back on the couch in shock.

"My girl." He whispered as a heartbreaking tear slid down his face. I went to console him but Caleb's arms wrapped around me possessively. I rolled my eyes but leaned into his arms anyways.

"We're getting her back." He said pulling me closer.

"How?" Blake asked.

"I'll have scouts searching the city for their base 24/7. We will find her."

"I have to be doing something. I can't just sit here and wait. Imagine what they could be doing to her?!" I shouted at him, spinning out of his arm.

"There's nothing you can do right now. Once we find the base, we have to plan everything, make sure there's nothing to go wrong. We can't just storm in and shoot everyone. That's a suicide mission and you know it."

"We'll be too late!"

"No, Katarina." His use of my real name became more frequent, and it usually sent shivers through my body with the way it rolled of his tongue, but right now it just made me fume.

"Don't you "Katarina" me!" I said pointing angrily at him. "My little sister was kidnapped by the one group of people I've feared all my life. Don't you tell me what I can and can't do!" I shouted slipping past them all and making my way towards the door.

An arm suddenly wrapped around my waist, and as I was about to push out of the hold, I felt a pinch at my neck. "I'm sorry, my Katarina, but I can't let you do something reckless that will get you killed. I care too much for me to let you do that." He whispered in my ear as the world began to go dark.

"Fuck... You..." I said as I felt my body go limp and my eyelids grow heavy, with the last words I heard being

"Why'd you call her Katarina?"