Chapter 5 - Second Chances

[Shane P.O.V]

I stare at my computer screen.

Why.

Why did I give her a second chance.

I went into my bedroom and hit my head against my pillow.

Right…because I’ll never find “true love”.

[Joey P.O.V]

I woke up to the hear of my ringtone. Ugh. It’s only 7 am!

It was Luke. I picked it up.

“Hey Luke.”

“Hey buddy. I need to talk to you. Come over?”

“Yeah, but it’s sooo early.”

“It’s kind of important.

“Okay. I’m on my way now.”

“Okay see you soon.”

We both hang up.

What in the world could be so important at 7 freaking a.m. On a Sunday…

[Luke P.O.V]

I can’t believe it.

I couldn’t sleep last night.

So much guilt took over me.

How could I believe her lies.

I was the one who kissed Lisa.

It was yesterday afternoon. I got a call from her asking if I could pick her up and hang out. She told me to drive into town. When we got there she asked if I could be apart of this video she was making. There was a script and everything. We rehearsed a bit on the benches. Reading all the lines. Then she kissed me. Literally grabbed me and kissed me. I saw Joey and Shane run. I had a horrible feeling they saw.

They probably didn’t know it was me though, because as Lisa’s request she had me wear a wig of the person I was playing in her “skit.”

Turns out it was all just some lie. She was depressed about Shane and copied some script off the internet. I felt horrible. What if me being in the middle of it ruins their relationship.

That’s why I called Joey. He was one of my bestfriends and he would be able to give me advice.

At 7:19 I got a knock at my front door. It was Joey.

“Hey. Thanks for coming…”

“Yeah no problem.”He says and yawns.

“Ha, you tired huh?” I say.

“Yes…”

“Ha yeah same.”

“So uh, what’s up?”

“I kissed Lisa!”

His mouth widened and he took a step back.

“You WHAT?”

I explain everything that happened the day before. He nods and sits down.

“Should I tell Sha-”

“No.” Joey says.

“Okay.”

“I don’t think it matters now. You didn’t want to kiss her. You thought it was for her video.”