Chapter 35- Somewhere Only We Know.

A/N: This whole chapter is Joey's thoughts and P.O.V just to clarify! I hope you enjoy this chapter!:)

Chapter 35- Somewhere Only We Know.

The lightweight leaves were gliding in the crisp autumn air. The sun giving off a beautiful reflection off the hospital window sill. There sat Joey, hands over his face. In denial.

How could this have happened…

Why did awful things like this happen?

What did he do to deserve all of this?

But the answer didn’t come, at least not right away.

He needed to retrace. He needed to find that peaceful vibe he once had.

He needed to go back. With Shane.

Somewhere.

Sometimes I’d wake up and feel like I hadn’t slept at all. Every second my eyes were closed I felt even more scared then when my eyes were open. What if Shane never woke up?

I glance over at his life-less body.

I got the instant chills and my heart sank even further.

I got up from my chair right by the window and decided I needed some air. I’ve been sitting in that same seat for hours. Melissa had gone home, with Teresa. I think they were having dinner. But I wasn’t hungry.

When I left the hospital building I felt a relief. Like I had a ton lifted off my shoulder. I didn’t know if it was the stress of all the doctor’s telling me things like, “He’s not looking too good” or “His blood pressure keeps dropping.”

Why couldn’t they just tell me that he would be fine and that he was going to wake up.

Even if it was just a big lie.

At this point everything in my life feels like a lie.

I pass by the old church a few streets down. I usually wouldn’t go inside and pray but I almost felt the need to.

I walk in and feel instant warmth and comfort. I go to the fourth row from the back and kneel down.

Please. Help.

I didn’t even know where to start.

I need your help. I don’t know what to do..

“Sir. Are you alright?”

I look up and the priest is standing right above me. I realize I had been crying.

“Ye-yeah. I’m fine.”

He just stares at me. Almost as if he could look through and see all the pain I felt. Like he could see that something was bothering me so badly that it drove me to come here. I barely ever prayed, and even more rarely went to church. He knew I was lying.

“Okay. I’m not.”

He nods and walks towards this little booth on the side of the church. I stand up and hesitantly proceed to his location.

“Come in.”

I think, from what I could briefly remember from a child, I was walking into a confessional. A place where I could talk about anything. A safe place.

He nods again, signaling me to talk.

I open my mouth but what I was about to tell him would put me in a quandary situation.