Chapter Thirty Six: Let it Whip

Andy's Point of View:

"I loved your friend when I saw his film, he's got a funny face.
But I like that 'cause he still looks cool. 
She's got a boyfriend anyway. She's got a boyfriend anyway.

Now we're on the bed in my room, and I'm about to fill his shoes.
But you say no. You say no.
Does he take care of you? Or could I easily fill his shoes?
But you say no. You say no."

I smile to myself as Ashton gently sings to me through the phone.

It was midnight there and only three in the afternoon here. Well, three in the afternoon the next day. He was trying to sing himself to sleep and decided to give me a mini concert since I have no one else to hang out with on my day off.

I don't know why he didn't just go to Michael and Luke, who I'm pretty sure are still awake since they're blowing up my twitter time line. 

"Has he said anything about me?" I asked Ash once he had finished his song, not giving him a chance to start another. 

I heard his sigh and then adjust the phone. Maybe he had forgotten that he had even been talking to me to begin with. 

"Yeah, A. He has. He asked if we knew you. I told him that you were a good time, but I didn't get a reaction." I could hear him still rustling around and wondered what he could possibly be doing.

"I'm glad he isn't hating you for being friends with me. This is huge for you, Ash. All of you. I know Harry, and he says things he doesn't mean when he's hurt. Just don't jump to my rescue, okay? No matter what he says?" I pleaded. I didn't want to come between Aston and his dream. 

He sighed again, and I finally heard silence on the other end of the phone. 

"Why can't you just confront him? Just tell him that you're still in love with him. I know he's still in love with you." He has brought this up several times since we first started talking about a week before they took off for tour. 

"You don't know that, Ashton. I saw that thing about him being with that model or whatever now. She was wearing his shirt the day after he did." I argued, and paused my movie so that I could go on a search for food.

"Get photographed in my shirt tomorrow. I know that you stole it." I could hear the amusement in his voice, and I smiled the first real smile since the last time I saw the 5 Seconds of Summer boys in person. 

Their weird personalities and amazing taste in music make them the easiest people in the world to hang out with. That and the fact they can keep my mind off Harry and the major mess that we have found ourselves in. They make me remember what it's like to be happy again. 

"Okay, so maybe I stole your shirt, but should I really fight fire with fire?" I asked only half paying attention while I rummaged through my cabinets for some popcorn.

"Hell yes. You should. He isn't making your life easier. Oh, Louis wanted me to ask you if you've talked to Eleanor." He randomly threw out there, and I had to wonder if he was alone.

"Why would I have talked to El? Are they fighting or something?" I asked trying to figure out the last thing I had heard about the two of them.

"Andy, they broke up. She just ended it, and he's just as stubborn as you are. He won't admit that it's hurting him." He chuckled, but I didn't find this funny at all.

Have I really been so cut off from everyone else that my best girl friend couldn't even tell me that she broke up with her boyfriend who she's been in for literally forever?