Chapter Thirty Nine: City of Angels

Sara Sampaio.
Victoria's Secret model.
Born July 21, 1991 in Portugal.
Brown hair and green eyes.
Currently dating Harry Styles.

I had been wrong about the fact that she was blonde, but I had been right about the fact that she was perfect in every way. Looking through her pictures, I couldn't spot a single flaw.

I hated the fact that I was using my plane ride back to the United States to stalk Harry's new girlfriend, but it wasn't my fault really. Someone had sent me her modeling profile with new pictures of Harry and her attached. So it was only natural to be a little curious.

I guess that I could just add this to my growing list of things that are making me miserable right now. 

After my birthday, things just seemed to go down hill. 

Of course, Niall and everyone else called me to apologize for not calling on my birthday claiming that they had been tied up with meetings all day, but that didn't explain why everyone else just seemed to forget.

Since the day I posted my video admitting everything, the amount of hate that I've been getting has most likely tripled. I've been called everything from a dirty slut to a murderer. I've actually taken to deleting my twitter, something I thought that I would never do.

The pictures of me that were taken on the night of my birthday didn't help the situation either. In fact, they just confirmed the fact that Harry had 'won our breakup.' Whatever that means. At least that's what the fans keep telling me.

There have been several times in my life when I have felt like I had hit rock bottom, but since I've lost the support of almost all of my fans, I didn't feel like I had anything else to lose. 

It seemed like it was decades before the pilot put me out of my misery by announcing that we would be landing in Los Angeles soon, and that we were encouraged to put our seat belts back on. 

Once the plane landed, I was almost surprised that I felt anything but happy to be home. At least in Australia my problems were easier to ignore because I could just bury myself in my work or go out with Lana and the girls to get my mind off of things, but being back here, I'm forced to face everything that I ran away from.

I scanned the crowded airport for a sign of anyone who looked even remotely familiar because I wasn't sure who they were sending to pick me up. With the way things have been going recently, I wouldn't be surprised if they had forgotten to send someone to pick me and I had to find my own way to wherever they are. 

It took a while, but I had finally spotted a familiar head of blonde hair causing my mood to instantly lift. It almost seemed surreal that I was seeing him again in person. 

Without any hesitation, I took off running in his direction. I passed my bags off to whoever was standing next to him and launched myself into my best friend's welcoming arms. I wrapped my legs around his waist as he dramatically spun me around, his contagious laughter filling my ears.

I smiled my first real smile in days. It still took a lot of effort, but it was still real. 

"I missed you so damn much." He said happily as he pulled my body closer to his. 

I had no intention of pulling away until someone standing near us cleared their throat gaining our attention. 

My eyes widened and an excited squeal left my mouth as I unwrapped myself from Niall to wrap my arms around someone else who I missed more than I would care to ever admit. 

Ashton smelled even better than I remembered, and his hugs seemed warmer, too. I could feel his smile as he buried his head into my messy hair, and I felt loved and safe and emotions that I haven't felt in a long time.