Chapter Thirty Seven: She's Got A Boyfriend Anyway

I had to be dreaming. That was the only logical explanation I could come up with. That this simply couldn't be real.

That was the only reason I could think that this blue eyed beauty would be standing in my doorway waiting for me to invite them in. But I couldn't bring myself to do that, I could only stare at them in shock. 

It couldn't be possible that they were truly here, not when they were supposed to literally be on the other side of the world. 

"Well, sweetheart, are you going to let me in?" They asked in a teasing manner, but I couldn't bring myself to even crack a fake smile.

This was all so overwhelming. First I hear Harry's voice for the first time in ages, I even heard him say my name. Then he asked if I was dating Ashton, which is still ridiculous. And now I have to deal with this unexpected visitor. 

Without saying a word or even blinking, I move to the side and allow my guest into my living room. I watch with wide eyes as he takes in his surroundings and smirks to himself.

"Well, Andy, this is a lot less extravagant than your last place. It's more you." He had that same amused glint in his eye, and he takes a seat on my sofa and smirks again when he notices that I still have Pitch Perfect paused on my television.

"It's temporary. It's until I find somewhere more permanent." I say in a weak voice, finally composing myself to both close the door and speak properly. 

I gingerly walk into the living room and take a seat next to one of my favorite boys. An awkward silence fell over us as thousands of memories come flooding back, but it didn't feel like it was my life I was remembering. It felt like the things we went through together happened lifetimes ago or to someone else entirely. It didn't seem like it was simply weeks ago.

"What are you doing, Andy?" He asked, breaking the silence and turning serious. 

I just shook my head and looked down at my hands. I had thought that I was getting my life together and starting over, but I was starting to question if that was even possible at all. 

"I don't know what I want anymore. I thought I had it all figured out. I would win an Oscar by the time I was twenty. I would act along side all of my idols. People who I've looked up to since I was a child. I always had a plan. I never thought I would need a plan B. I didn't know what I would do when I didn't want everything I've always wanted anymore." I vented, and it felt good. I had forgotten how easy he is to talk to.

"Does this have anything to do with Harry?" He asked after a moment of hesitation, a moment of hesitation that I pretended not to notice.

"It has nothing to do with him, but it has everything to do with him. He made me question everything I ever knew, and I loved that about him. He pushed me to be a better person, and I felt stuck in that life without him. I wasn't going anywhere." I answered honestly. 

It was surprising that we skipped all of the small talk and jumped straight into the serious conversation. I am guessing that has something to do with the fact that he's short on time. I'm assuming that he has to be back in America before their concert later tonight. He most likely has two or three hours here tops. 

I wasn't going to even bother asking how he knew where to find me because the answer was obvious. One of the 5 Seconds of Summer boys most likely spilled my location to him, and I wasn't going to be mad at them for it. They most likely thought they were helping, or they never thought he would actually jump on a plane.

"I watched my best mate cry yesterday. I've seen him cry loads of time before, but never over a girl. You've put quite a spell on him." He chuckled, but it was dark and without humor. It sounded foreign coming from his lips.