Chapter Ten: Faking Smiles

Harry's Point of View:

I take a risk and glance down at my hand that was intertwined with Andy's much smaller one. I couldn't ignore the heat that was spreading through me with her simplest touch, but I couldn't ignore the disappointment that comes with the feeling because I know that she could never feel the same.

"Where are we going?" She whispered, obviously still weary of me after our fight.

"It's a surprise. Somewhere where we can be alone." is all I tell her. I knew that Andy loved surprieses becuase she loved the unknown. That's one of the things that I admire about her.

"I thought the whole point was the be in public." She argued with her eyebrown scrunched up.

"No, we need to talk." My voice was much more stern that I had originally hoped, but she just nodded and squeezed my hand.

"Fine." She quietly replied before the silence took us over once again.

She follows behind me without any arguments for the rest of the twenty minute walk until we arrive at our destination.

I was well aware that men with big cameras had been following us and snapping countless pictures of us walking around and looking less than happy. I can already see the headlines about our relationship falling apart just like everyone knew it would.

"You brought me to a water tower? What is this a bad sitcom?" She smirked, and I just rolled my eyes at her attitude.

"I want to talk to, Andy. This is as alone as the two of us will ever be." I explained as I began to climb the ladder.

"We can't just get drunk and talk? They say a drunken mind speaks a sober heart." She said cheekily, but she follows me anyway. I guess she knew that we needed to get this over with so that we could move on.

"That's true, but your drunken mind just wants to get laid." I smirk back. It was true though. When Andy is drunk, she is anything other than innocent.

"Touché." She commented as we finally reached the top and let out legs dangle over the edge when we sat down.

We sit in a comfortable silence, and just enjoyed the view. It was quite stunning actually, almost as stunning as the girl that's sitting next to me. The girl that I felt terrible for yelling at this morning.

I doubt that many people even know that this place even exists, but it's always been my little secret. I climb up here every time I need to be alone. When everything just becomes too much.

"You said we weren't friends. Did you mean it?" I ask, not able to take the silence anymore.

She remains silent and thinks over to word her answers. I can just see the wheels turning in her head. Her silence is enough, though. She had meant it.

"When we first met, Andy, I thought that we had this connection. You were so easy to talk to. Maybe this fake dating thing was a bad idea." I continue, when I'm pretty sure that she isn't going to answer me.

"Harry, it wasn't a bad idea. I'm just so screwed up, and when I saw you all over that girl last night... This entire thing didn't feel casual. That jealous didn't feel fake. I hate that I feel this way because I'm so confused." She slowly admitted after a while, but during her little speech she didn't say a word to me.

I just sit there stunned with wide eyes. I knew exactly how Andy was feeling because I felt the exact same way when I saw her leave with that guy and when she never came home and when she called Niall this morning. It didn't feel casual and it didn't feel fake. It felt like actual betrayal even if it wasn't.