Chapter 9

Me and the doctor finally reached Sonic's room door and stood there for a split second. I then looked up at the doctor and smiled,nodding to thank him again. He smiled back and walked away to attends to his other patients. I took a deep breath and gripped the handle,turning it and opening the door slowly, peeking my head inside. I saw Sonic fast asleep as of what the doctor said was true and entered quietly,closing the door after me. I looked around and noticed a heart rate machine and blood machine and frowned sadly. My eyes then drifted to Sonic as I walked slowly towards him, grabbing a chair next to the bed and says own next to him. A tear left my eye as I grabbed Sonic's hand and gripped it tightly. "Sonic..." I whispered as I held the hand close to my chest.

"I love you.."

A groan alerted me and my ears perked up towards the sound. I looked up and sawSonic slowly open his eyes,blinking a few and gripping my hand back. I then stood up quickly and smiled happily,tears finally falling down my rosy tan cheeks. He then turned to me and smiled warmly. "Hey.." I spoke with a soft whisper. I hugged Sonic close and nuzzles my face into his neck. "Sonic, thank goodness you're alright!" I cried. Sonic hugged me back with one arm and pet my head gently. "Don't worry Shadow..I'm here~ Right beside you.." He replied with a warm smile on his face. I sniffles and purred softly at the gentle strokes of Sonic's hand against my head.

"Shadow" he whispered in my ear.

I lifted my head up and looks down at Sonic,looking into his loving eyes. Sonic stared back and smiled more. Another year left my eye as I watched with awe. "Sonic I...I love you.." I said. Sonic's eyes widened as a slight blush tinted on his soft cheeks. "What?" He replied. I looked down and blushed. "B-Before you were taken to the hospital you told me...That you loved me...Even when we first met you loved me..." I said as I looked up at him slightly. Sonic blushes and looked away shyly,scratching his ear. "Oh really? Hehe.."

I then looked down again. "I then realized that...That I fell in love with you as well.. That's why I came here..I was so worried that you may die! I thought you wouldn't wake up! I realized then I fell in love with you! I couldn't stand the fact of being alone again...So I will tell you again..." I said and looked at Sonic,blushing furiously.

" I love you Sonic the hedgehog... And I want to stay by your side..."

    Sonic turned to me, eyes widened in complete shock at what I said. He smiled and stretched an arm out to me. I came closer and laid my head against his chest gently.
The soft beat of his heart soothe me to the bone. It felt so good to not be alone..to have someone standing beside you..To feel their warmth again your body..I felt so happy.. As a sigh left my lips, a soft kiss placed on my forehead. I looked up and smiled,staring deep into the emerald eyes of the one I loved. Sonic smiled back with a genuine smile and leaned forward.

"I love you too Shadow.."

We continued to lean forward and finally..After so long, a kiss was made and a new chapter in our lives sprung forward. God I love this hedgehog.