Chapter 4

Kaden’s POV

I remember the moment when I found out that Pentatonix was going to have a tour at my country, Philippines, I grabbed my guitar, sang at the streets and got enough money to have a ticket and bought the VIP. A week after that I saw another video from PTXVlogs, it’s called “Special Announcements”, I watched the video

“Hey” they all said as I smile as always

“We have 2 Very Special anoucements, first is about……” Kirstie trailed off

“Love, Many of you might not accept this but…..” Scott trailed off too.

“It’s KIRSTIE and SCOTT!!!” Mitch said excitedly

My heart stop for a while. I love them! I love Skirstie! I’ve been dreaming of this all along!

                “Second” Avi said making my heart beat again, “We, or Mitch actually, got an idea”

                “ Yeah, We are going to get a FILIPINO Pentaholic to spend an entire day with us, since it their summer” Kevin continued.

                “Just comment you name, age, address contact number, and reason why we should pick you” Mitch explained.

                “And you should be a Flipino like Kevin said” Kirstie said enthusiastically.

                “That’s all for now! Goodluck!” Scott said

                “Bye!” They all waved goodbye, then the video ended.

My heart stop again and I typed as fast as I can.

                “ Kaden Worthe, 13, 09166264630, 53,Therese Ville, Q.C. and yeah I’m  a Filipino :)

                                You should pick me because I praise you more than Scott worships Beyonce and I created this youtube account just to like your vids and to subscribe to you and also to fav your vidsss I LOVE YOU SKIRSTIE!!”

                A week after, while I was at the streets,I received a message saying: “Hey Kade this is Kirstie, you just  won  a day with Pentatonix!!” It took a while for me to process what I just read.

                Then I texted back: “OMG! Thank you guys! I’ll just get you at our gate”

30 minutes later, A black SUV came in front of the gate, its windows rolled down. It was Scott driving and he waved at me. Since the guard knows that my parents don’t care whether I go away, he allowed me to join them. I approached them and said

                “Hey Scott, I’m Kaden… I-” He cut me off at mid- sentence

“I know who you are, so get in the car Kiddo!” He said happily.

We were seated by twos with Scott driving beside Kirstie, I was behind Scott and Mitch is beside me, and then Avi and Kevin behind us. As soon as I got in the car Kirstie gave the best compliment, or the only compliment I ever have received.

                “Nice outfit, Kaden!” she looked back at me and smiled.

                “Thanks Kirst! That’s the only compliment I’ve ever received” I smiled back.

I was wearing a sleeveless, chiffon cloth, dark purple, camouflage shirt. A key necklace with a crown, and the Pentatonix jacket opened up. I was wearing black skinny and a high- cut converse. Avi leaned to me from behind.

                “So, may I ask, you’re a Filipino right? You were born here? We were driving through a toll gate.

                “Yeah I am, why?”

                “So you know that it’s hot here every summer, so why are you wearing a jacket?”

                “It’s the latest style” I hesitated

“And that busted lip of yours and the scar on your palm?”  Mitch asked sassily as Scott pulled over to a stopover. I had nothing to answer.

“Tell us, nothings gonna happen.” Kirstie said calmly facing me as Scott turned around also facing me, I sighed deeply ready to answer.

“I get physically abused, 24/7 by my parents and by my classmates. M parents abuse me because of their miserable life and because I have no use to them. My classmates, knowing that my parents abuse me, beats me too and for not fangirling 1D and for fangirling you guys.” I finished my explanation realizing that they were all staring at me.

“So how’d you got that phone and how’d you get out? Kirstie asked

“I got my phone cuz I work for me to live. I sing on the streets and perform on events.When I was getting out my mom saw me and told me to never come back like she always does and this time before I get out I packed my things and I will never go back.”

“We are not gonna let you do that! Scott said

“But…”

“Yeah! You’re coming back to LA with us!” Mitch cut me off

“I would but what about legal stuff? And my passport and visa?”

“We got time and people to do that for us. He’s walking it now…” Kirstie said smiling

“Okay, it seems like that I can’t stop you, so what are we gonna do now?” I asked

“I’ll drive to the biggest mall you have, MOA right? And we’ll ask questions” Scott said as he continued to drive.

“Okay, wait, why would we go to MOA?”

“Kirstie wants to shop and we all want to skate, you can skate right?” Avi asked/said.

“Yeah of course, okay ask away” I said smiling.

“Okay let’s start, first of all, when’s your birthday?” –Mitch

“Same as Kirstie’s, May 16”

“Oh!!! Yeay!! Birtday mate!!”

“What do you do in event?” –Scott

“Classical and or jazz piano, acoustic and or classical guitar, drums, beatbox and I rap depending on events.”

“Kevin got competition!!” Avi said laughing lightly.

“How do you speak English fluently?” Kevin asked

“So you guys can understand me”

“OHHHH dedicated Pentaholic!” Mitch said smiling at me and I returned the smile.

“Hug your favorite person in the group” Kirstie said not knowing I will hug her. I hugged her immediately and she hugged me too. Probably was best experience I ever had.

“So Kirstie and Scott are your parents.” Mitch said

“Oh yeah!!! You guys are together!! I totally ship you two! Go SKIRSTIE!!” I said happily

“See Kirst! A supporter!” Scott said glancing at Kirstie.

“Why wouldn’t I?!” I asked sarcastically.

               We reached MOA and Kirstie and I shopped a lot and it was a fun time. We went to skating rink and put on our skates. They were amazed that I can skate like I was not supposed to. It was a long day and we went home and on our way, they did not even turn on the radio, they sang the whole time. They are amazing.