Chapter 5

Kaden’s POV

                We reached the hotel and went in. I followed my new “parents” into our room and laid everything on the wide table that has nothing on top of it. Kirstie took a bath and I followed then Scott. While Scott was taking a bath, I can’t believe he was singing like a normal person sing while in the shower.

                “Do you really want me as your legal guardian?” Kirstie asked, she was sitting on the other bed.

                “Yeah! Why wouldn’t I? You’re awesome and gorgeous and amazing and talented and all that….”

                “Okay, so do you sing?”

                “I don’t know, I never tried to.”

                “Try it.”

I sighed deeply and sang the intro of “Who’s Loving You” by Michel Jackson

“When I, had you girl, I treated you bad and wrong dear…”  I had to close my eyes to reach the high notes. I stopped because I did not know what comes after.

“Wow! Michel Jackson, Kaden that was awesome”

“Thanks K-... what should I call you?” I asked.

“I don’t know but since I’m your awesome and gorgeous and amazing and talented mom…. You should all me…MOM!” she said jokingly

                “NO! seriously!”

                “I don’t know!!! You choose” she said laughing lightly.

                “Okay then, I shall call you random names”

                “Okay, BABY GIRL, go to sleep”

                “Okay, night MOM!” I smiled at her and she smiled back.

Just then, Scott came out of the shower fully dressed with wet hair. He headed to my bed and sta beside me.

                “Okay Kaden, since it me and Kirstie, I am your dad.”

“Really?”

“Yah, and you are gonna live with it whether you like it or not” he said joking

“I have the worst live ever!” I said sarcastically and we all laughed. “So I’ll call you dad too?”

“Yeah Baby girl, get some sleep”

“Night dad” I hugged him and he did too then he transferred to Kirstie’s bed to sleep.

I thought, I was there, the best day ever, but I was not. Flash backs came to me that night. It was my father holding a knife and is about to cut me on the neck until he froze, his hand almost touching my neck, and repeated my name over and over.

Scott’s POV

                Kirstie was sleeping and I was about to, until Kaden screamed and Kirstie woke hearing it. We jumped on her bed shaking her awake and screaming her awake until, finally, she woke up. She was panting and shaking and sweating.

                “Kaden, what’s wrong? What happened?” Kirstie said concerned

                “It’s bad!” She buried her face in my chest and cried. I rubbed her back slowly.

                “Can you tell us what happened?” I said as she unburied her head from my chest. She wiped her tears from the back of her hand

                “My dad was drunk and he was about to cut my neck and it was awful!”

                “So that explains your busted lip?” Kirstie asked.

                “Yeah, and not only that” she rolled up her sleeves. We saw a lot from there.  Next was her legs, neck feet, then the worst, her back. It has a huge scar, which she got from her birthday.

                “How’d you get that? I said/ asked

“My mom poured acid on it as a birthday gift”

“She actually did that on OUR birthday?”

“Yeah”

“But why on your birthday?” I asked, confused.

“Cuz they want to give me ‘special treatment’.”

                “Okay, it’s 4:00 do you still want to sleep?” Kirstie asked

“Yeah but I can’t”

“Okay, but we’ll stay awake with you and ask you questions” I said.  Kirstie and I alternated asking questions.

                “Okay”. I went first

“Favorite TV show?”

“Victorious.”

“Color?”

“Black, my fave combination is light blue and brown”

“Band?”

“Avi-ously! Pentatonix!” we both smiled at her.

“Song?”

“Chicken song!” we smiled again.

“Hatest band?”

“One Direction”

“Color?”

“Neon anything.”

We asked a lot more questions and laughed until it was 9:00 am. Kirstie, took a bath first then Kaden then I went last.

A/N

I would like to say thanks to @PTXfan4eva for the inspiration, her's is really awsome, you should try it out :)