Chapter 18

Trevor’s POV

Kaden arrived just in time. She was running towards our classroom as her wavy her was floating through the wind. She sat down as the bell rang. I find it amazing that she can run in those heel, not tripping and making it on time.

                “Almost.” She said as she we sat down.

                “yeah, why were you ALMOST late?” I asked emphasizing the almost.

                “Scott thought it was Saturday”

                “WHAT?! It’s just Thursday!”

                “yeah, so it was Avi who woke me up and drove me here.”

                “Stuck by luck.” I said and she just smiled a Kirstie smile. Today’s just a half day so we’re lucky. Math was first then Science then Recess. Ms. J was not around so they got a chance.

                “Hey, Kaden!” Mikaela or Boo, (I don’t know why it’s Boo, but it is) shouted.we turned around to them.

                “what?” Kaden said irritated.

                “Give us your money” Speck, the “minion” demanded.

                “no.” she said sternly. The moment was so fast. Boo took her neck and pinned her on the wall. Speck punched her on the stomach and she coughed out blood. Buzz, one of them, took her head and just threw it on the floor like she was a ragdoll. They took her money and left like nothing happened. I ran to her. She’s unconscious. I carried her and called Scott while bringing her to the clinic.

                “Scott!” I yelled as he answered the phone

                “Trevor? What’s wrong?”

                “Kaden! She’s beaten up and, and, and she’s knocked out unconscious!!” I yelled

                “Okay, calm down. We’ll be over” he said as he hung up.

                I kicked the clinic door open and got inside. The nurse seemed to freak out when she saw me carrying Kaden bridal style

                “What happened?” she asked

                “Can’t you see? She coughed blood and beat up unconscious!” I screamed.

                “Calm down. Let me have her.” I placed Kaden in her arms. He laid her down a hospital bed and placed a oxygen mask.

                “What happened to her.”

                “SHE got beaten up.”

                “By who?”

                “Mikaela Strav, Buzz and Speck.”

                “Them?”

                “Yeah. And her nose is bleeding.” I said looking at Kaden then at the nurse. She looked behind. The blood was quickly flowing. The nurse wiped it off. She removed the pillows from Kaden’s head and laid it slowly. It was for the blood to stop flowing out her nose. I sat down on the waiting couch in the clinic and waited for Scott and Kirstie to come or for Kaden to wake up.

                About five minutes later, Scott and Kirstie came rushing to the clinic.

                “Trev? Where’s Kaden?” Scott asked me calmly while Kirstie is trying not to freak out. I pointed my thumb to the bed she was in.  They both looked at her. I looked up to see Kirstie’s eye welling up.

                “What happened?” Scott asked calmly but you can hear that he’s quite stressed and that kind of stuff. The nurse popped out and explained everything. Good. Because I don’t wanna be telling how much a failure of a friend I am. Tears rolled down Kirstie’s face but she quickly wiped it away

                “I’m so sorry. I thought that she would fight back because that’s what she did when we first met. I’m sorry. I’m possibly the worst friend ever.”

                “No you’re not.” Kaden said. WAIT, what? Kaden? I looked behind to see her sitting up. She removed the mask from her face.

                “Kaden!” Kirstie said running into her and hugging her. She hugged Kirstie too and they both pulled away.

                “You can go now if you want but Trevor will stay.” The nurse said. They nodded and thanked me. I walked back to my classroom to continue “learning”.