Chapter 10

Scott’s POV

                It’s the last week of July that means enrollment. We went to this school, not far from us, but, one of the best to enroll Kaden. The school is a public, Kipp Los Angeles College Preparatory. It looks small outside, but when we toured it, it has a Basketball court, lapping pool, foot ball, track and field, soccer, baseball. They have a lot of band rooms, music rooms and halls. For a public school, it looks like a private.

                It was already late so the line is a little short. She got accelerated for 2 years because of her average that means she’s supposed to be in 8th grade, but she’s now in the 10th. Kaden filled out the form and while she was writing her surname, she looked at us.

                “What am I gunna write?”

                “I don’t know” Kirstie looked at me

                “Since we’re legal guardians, write my surname as yours and your middle name, use Kirstie’s”

                “So that’s Kaden Ace Maldonado Hoying?” she asked before writing

                “Yeah.” I answered

                “Wait, you have an Ace in your name? Isn’t that a boy’s name?” Kirstie asked.

                “Yeah, it’s actually cool to have a boy’s name. I don’t know why, but it’s cool”. She continued writing and filling up the form. She handed me the paper. We pay for her fees and the things she needs and Kirstie got a call from our manager.

                “Hello?” Kirstie placed the phone against her ear and we left the cashier.

                “Hello Kirst!”

                “OH! Hey! What’s up?”

                “Guess what? Ellen DeGeneres called me!”

                “What? OMG! Are you for real?”

                “Yeah! Avi, Kevin and Mitch Said yes what about you guys?” Kirstie looked at us and I nodded

                “Yeah! Of course! When is it?!”

                “It’s on Monday and bring Kaden!”

                “Okay! Thanks! Bye!”She said removing the phone from her ear.

                She smiled at us and held my hand. I placed my arm around her hip and we all headed for the car. She sat at the passenger seat and Kaden sat at the back.

                “I’m scared.”

                “Of school? But it doesn’t start in 2 weeks” I said

                “Yeah, it’s just the fact that I have to go through the ‘school hell maze’ again makes me scared” she said putting quotation marks in the air.

                “Phones are allowed, no uniform, big school. You’ll have new friends. I’m sure” Kirstie said

                “I don’t know.”

                “You’ll get over it, we promise, we’ll help you.” I said.

                “What if they ask my surname? Who are my parents? What am I supposed to say?” she asked.

                “Just say that they’ll know in the proper time, today actually, we are gonna make a video. We already told the guys. It’s actually a surprise.” I answered smiling. I saw her smile. He headed home and Mitch opened the door for us.

                “Hey guys! Are you reday?!” he said with a pirate accent and we laughed lightly.

                “Yeah, Mitch are they?” Kirstie asked.

                “Yeah! They’re on the couch.” Mitch answered letting us in.

                “is this PTX vlogs or PTXOfficial?” Kaden asked

                “Official. Cuz It’s Important.” Kevin answered.

Kaden’s POV

                The cameras are all set when we arrived. I’m actually not nervous because the only emotions I feel is happiness and hurt and fear, other than that like sadness, anxiety, etc., I would be numb, I don’t know why. “Okay! Get to your places” Their manager yelled. I was at the top part, middle. Kirstie was at my left and Scott was on my right. Mitch was in front of me and on his right was Kevin then Avi on his left. “Ready?” we nodded. “camera rolling in 3, 2, 1, ACTION!”

                “HEY!!!” They all greeted like they always do in their videos

                “So, um, were here to make an announcement.” Scott said

                “An announcement about a very pretty girl who’s like me” Kirstie said.

                “Her name is Kaden.” Mitch said

                “She’s with us for 4 months now.” Avi said

                “And there she is!” Kevin said and they all pointed at me. I waved my hand and plastered a crooked smile just like Kirstie’s.

                “Hey! I’m Kaden Ace M H”

                “Yeah, that’s Kaden Ace Maldonado Hoying!” Kirstie said.

                “We adopted her when we were in the Philippines.” Scott said.

                “She’s a part of the family now.” Mitch said smiling.

                “We hope that you’ll accept her like we did!” Avi said.

                “Yeah cuz she’s really really talented.” Kevin said

                “More talented than I am , actually.” Kirstiie said

                “No! I am not more talented than any of you guys!” I said looking at Kirstie.

                “Yeah she is!” Scott said

                “Okay, that’s all for now, and you’ll be seeing more of her next time. Bye!” Avi said

                “Bye!” The video ended. We got off the couch and ate our dinner. We slept and there were no flashbacks. Thank god.