Chapter 20

Awww this chapter was so much fun to write. I hope you guys like it just as much as I do.

Please vote, comment and spread the word :)

_______________________________________________________

Katie’s POV

I pulled into the driveway and cut the engine just as the door opened to reveal my best friend. She looked relieved as she recognized me while I got out of car.

“Why, that is a fancy German car. Where did you get this?” Elly asked curiously. Chuckling I walked up to her and gave her a tight hug.

“And here I was expecting you to yell at me where the hell I have been.” She chuckled as we got inside.

“I actually was about to but then I saw you in this fancy Audi and poof my anger was gone.”

“Yeah right.” She shoved me lightly as I placed Brian’s car keys onto the drawer in the hallway. It was good to be back with Elly being so happy. And although I longed to be with Brian again I would take my time with my best friend. We needed it after all.

“Want some breakfast?” She asked and I followed her into the kitchen.

“Nah, thank you. I already ate.” The look on her face was priceless. I could see the curiosity written in her eyes. Oh she was dying to hear the story.

“Ok, here’s a deal: I go and take a shower while you make one of your heavenly milkshakes and then I tell you what happened last night.” Reluctantly Elly agreed. Laughing at her groaning in anticipation I ran upstairs and turned on the water. I stripped out of my clothes and put them in the dumpster before stepping under the warm spray of water. It was a godly feeling having the hot water run down my back. I used my favorite shampoo and soap while my thoughts ran back to this incredible morning.

I had never dreamed of the possibility that Brian could actually like me. I mean yes, I think I had dreamed of it sort of but that it was true was so overwhelming. He was such a great guy, so talented and strong and caring. But what took my breath away the most was the way he loved. He genuinely put his heart in soul in something that meant a lot to him. I knew that I had still to learn of his past and what brought those shadows to haunt him. But I wanted to give it a shot.

I wanted to move on from what Lenny did to me. When I was searching for something worth living for after my breakdown Brian definitely gave me a reason to hold onto this life. I was sure as hell that I wasn’t completely ready to commit in a relationship at this point but the happiness that guitar guy gave me, the way he made me feel, was reason enough to give it a try.

Smiling I got out of the shower and dried myself off. After applying some body lotion and wrapping my hair into a towel I went to pull on nice underwear – you never know right? – and a green summer dress. I did my hair and make-up, put on some bracelets and my favorite wedges before getting back downstairs.

“Wow girl, what’s with the sexy outfit?” Elly wiggled her eyebrows as she placed one of her yummy strawberry milkshakes in front of me. Chuckling I sat on one of the high stools across from her.

“And I thought you wanted to hear the story from the beginning and not just the end.”

“Oh my god, chica, you gotta spill NOW!” She took a sip from her shake and looked at me waiting for me to begin and that was what I did.

No, I didn’t tell her of Lenny or what had happened back in Germany. I couldn’t. Looking in her happy face as she expected me to tell her of a guy held me back even the more. I couldn’t destroy that happiness just yet. It was strange though, that she hoped I had met some guy although she had kept me either inside the house or always close to herself when we went out. But nevertheless I was happy to tell her the news.