Chapter 29

Katie’s POV

I sat in the sand of the beach watching the waves clash onto the land. For the last couple of weeks this place behind a small brick wall and some dunes was my only sanctuary. I wrapped my fluffy red and grey hoodie around my form hugging myself. Zacky had given me this piece of his clothing line for times when he couldn’t be there for me in person. Just thinking about this moment and his words made me well up. Everything was such a mess and I was beyond confused of what to do. Deep down I just wanted to run away from all this but learning from my mistakes in the past I knew it wouldn’t solve anything but in fact make it even worse. So I sat there listening to sounds of nature sorting my thoughts and emotions in order to make my next move.

*Flashback*

“Elly, please … just let me explain.” I stood in front of the door to my best friend’s room with my hand touching the cold wood.

“I don’t see the need in that. Everything makes sense to me.” She was hurt and probably really pissed at me. I had planned on telling her the truth about my initial intension of my visit but the longer I stayed here and the more I came out of my shadows I forgot about it. Yeah, sorry that I’m just a human. With me becoming attached to Brian and getting my life back on track I felt myself slipping away from Munich and starting to settle down her with every passing day. I was sorry for I did, for being a shitty friend and my apology and confession was long overdue.

“No. You don’t understand. Please. Elly, you have always been there for me and I know what I pulled was more than a shitty move but I’m sorry. I didn’t know what to do. I’m not like you.” I sighed and rested my forehead against the door.

“What do you mean by that?”

“I don’t have my faith to guide me. I’m all alone.” I closed my eyes and remembered how I felt back then. Suddenly the door was jerked open and since I was leaning against it I face planted on her carpet.

“You’re not alone. Stop being so silly.” She walked back to her bed. I rolled on my back and stared at the ceiling. After two and a half weeks she finally opened her door and let me in.

“I’m not silly, I’m desperate.”

“Same thing with you.”

“Thanks.”

“You’re welcome.”

“Elly! I beg you … just hear me out!” I cried out looking at her with my head upside down.

“I’m here, aren’t I?” She lay on her bed and flipped through a magazine.

“I guess I can’t complain …” I sighed and plopped back on my back looking at the ceiling. When she stayed quiet I sighed again. It was about time that I told her what had happened to me. And this was what I did. Like that night when I told Brian about it I didn’t leave out anything. I described how Lenny abused me, how I felt during and afterwards and what made me to leave Munich the way I did. After a small break I talked about being here with her, meeting Zacky and becoming friends with Avenged Sevenfold. Every situation, every experience, I described her everything from my point of view. In the end I had stripped down to my soul.

When I had finished I stood and straightened out my shirt and brushed off my jeans. Elly hadn’t said a word and the silence in the room really got to me. But when I was about to walk out of the room I felt her hand on my shoulder. She spun me around and before I could say or do anything she pulled me into a tight embrace and she was crying. Elly, my best friend and the toughest chick I knew was crying. I wrapped my arms around her in comfort and rocked her a little.