Chapter 30

Katie’s POV

*still flashback*

“Now it’s enough!” The covers were pulled off of me and my bed letting a cool breeze of air hit my overheated skin.

“No … go away!” Curling up even more I felt for my blanket but couldn’t find it. I peeked through my half-closed right eye and saw Elly standing there, holding the sheets in her arms that were crossed in front of her chest.

“Forget it! I have enough of you sulking and self-pitying yourself. Get up now!” I groaned at her harsh words and pulled a pillow over my head. But just as I was about to drift off again my best friend jerked it away.

“I freaking mean it. I spent hours preparing a massive brunch for you. All by myself if I might add. Zacky and Val are coming over too. So move your butt into the bathroom.”

“I’m not hungry.” I groaned again and buried my face in the mattress with my butt sticking up into the air.

“I don’t freaking care! I’m tired of watching you being like this over this jerk and his bitchy wife. They are not worth it! In fact you give that skank the satisfaction if you let yourself go like this. And we. Don’t. Do. That!” With every word Elly yanked on my foot pulling me off the bed. Shrieking I threw a pillow at her.

“Ok, ok. Jesus Christ.” Annoyed and frustrated I got off of my wonderful bed that had been my favorite place for the past couple of weeks. I grabbed my towel and shuffled into the bathroom turning on the shower. After waiting for the water to heat up I stripped down to my birthday suit and got in. The water ran down my sore and sleepy body as I stood there like a statue.

I have never been the type to cry over a guy for long, and much less if I knew him for a small amount of time. But somehow Brian managed to shake my entire world in the last four months like no other man ever did. Besides Lenny but he was a whole other chapter. Brian was … he was everything. I never thought I would find someone like him and build such a strong connection from the first moment we met. It was the kind of chemistry you read about in cheap novelettes or creepy fan-fictions, a chemistry that couldn’t be real no matter how much you wished for it. Brian had not just been my lover but was growing to be my best friend. He even started to know me better than I knew myself. I had felt complete around him and now that he was gone from my life I was a hollow shell, missing a very important part of myself.

I leaned my head against the cold wall of the shower. I hated that I had fallen for him so hard. I hated that even after what had happened I couldn’t stop thinking about him. It was impossible to escape the beautiful memories we had already created: Walking the beach with Pinkly on our first date, taking funny pictures in the studio with the guys, dancing all night long at Johnny’s, him getting the tattoo in Jimmy’s memory. All of this was burned into my memory for the rest of my life, leaving my heart throbbing in pain.

“Katie? You’re ok?” I heard Elly’s muffled voice through the door and a light knock. Rolling my eyes I pushed myself off the wall and grabbed my shampoo.

“Yes. I’ll be downstairs in 10.” I called back. She seemed satisfied with my answer because I heard no other question or noise from the other side of the door. I washed my body and hair in record time and did my hair and makeup before coming back out to my room. I pulled on my skinny jeans and a simple yellow shirt before I reluctantly came downstairs to the living room where Zacky and Val chilled on the couch. When they spotted me their first smiling faces turned into frowns and pitiful looks were shot in my direction. Just great. That’s what I needed right now. Not.

Don’t get me wrong. I loved them with all my heart and I loved having them around but pity was one reason why I had left Munich. Yes, Brian had hurt me and I felt like my pathetic old self, like the times when I was with Lenny. But I didn’t need that shit anymore. I didn’t want it. Seeing them looking at me like this just reminded of that wonderful evening that ended in such a horrible way. It hurt. And I wanted this pain to stop.