Chapter 26

Brian’s POV

I was so relieved when Jim called it quits just as the pain got unbearable. But the result was amazing: Now I had the word ‘forever’ written in a Gothic font across my chest. Our fans had created a unique spelling for this word and made it very special for all of us – ‘foREVer’. Like this the reverend will never end. That’s why I had decided to get it tattooed in capital letters and the shading had hurt like hell.

I had some difficulties holding back some tears, not just because of the pain though. The lump in my throat got bigger as Jim patted my shoulder and left to get some cream and wrap. Alone with my memories it was harder to withstand this overwhelming emotions that rushed through me. Still lying on the cot I closed my eyes and tried to gain control of myself when I felt the light touches of soft and slightly cold hands on my cheeks. Those lips I grew to love in a matter of a few months pressed themselves softly on mine and I felt the sadness being lifted off my heart almost instantly. I deepened the spiderman-like kiss and heard her sigh lovingly before she pulled back. Opening my eyes again I saw Katie’s beautiful and softly smiling face.

“It looks incredible honey.” She said as I sat up.

“I hope so. It hurt like a bitch.” I chuckled. Right on the opposite wall was a mirror. I walked up to it and looked at Jim’s work.

“Satisfied?” I saw Jim stepping next to Katie with the cream and wrap in his hands.

“It’s … wow …” I had to keep myself from touching the ink, it was mesmerizing. “Jimmy would laugh and call me a giant pussy.” Jim chuckled.

“Yeah he probably would. Now come here big boy. Let’s wrap you up.” Laughing I sat back on the cot and Jim put some of the cream on the tattoo before placing the what he calls magical wrap on it. 

“Well, you know the drill. Leave the wrap on for a week and then let your girl rub in some healing cream.” He winked at Katie causing her cheeks to grow a light shade of pink. I knew she hated when that happened. She called herself tomato head and hid her face, just like she did now. But I thought it was cute. It just added to her natural beauty and made me stop and stare at her, not believing that this girl was mine.

Before she could shoot one of her witty comments at Jim her phone rang and she excused herself.

“Man, you are really into her, hu?”

“Hm?” I turned to my friend as I put on my shirt. “Is that so obvious?”

“Man, your eyes nearly fell out of your head. She really got you hooked.” He grinned while cleaning his working space.

“She does. We have been dating for a month now and I still can’t believe that she wants to be with me.”

“Yeah, it’s unbelievable.” He chuckled and dodged my fist that was aimed for his shoulder. “No seriously, she seems to be very sweet and caring. We should hang out more, with Charlotte and the guys.”

“Sure. I will let you know when we hang out again.”

We chatted a little more about good old times, tattoos and music. I hadn’t seen this guy for a long while now so we really had some great catching up to do. I was sure that Matt and the others would appreciate Jim and his girlfriend Charlotte hanging with us at our next drinking session at Johnny’s. When Katie came back I noticed the frown on her face, she was in thinking-mode.

“Hey love, who was it?” I asked her but she stayed focused on her phone flipping through something. “Baby? You ok?” I tugged a strand of her behind her ear. She jumped a little and fake-smiled.