Chapter 41: What Dosen't Kill You Make You Stronger...

Hey guys! Sorry I didn't update , I was working on this for a few days. So I give you chapter 41!---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My phone wakes me up. I am suspired it didn't wake James up too. I quietly get up and walk over to the nightstand and answer the call.  

Me: "Hello"?"

...: "Is this Katlin Maxwell, soon to be Katlin Neal?"

Me: "Yes, who am I speaking to?"

...: "I am the president of the USEF and I am calling regarding you dropping out of the WEG."

Me: "What are you talking about? I never dropped out, there must be a mistake."

...: " I received a call stating you had family matters to attend to, and you couldn't make it Rio."

Me: "No, I am coming, pardon my asking, but whoever called you did they state there name?"

...: "Yes, her name was Amanda Crosby."

Me: "Thank you."

...: "Do you happen to know her?"

Me: "Sadly, yes. Thank you for letting me know about this matter and I am sorry for the confusion."

...: "No thank you, and I am looking forward to seeing you in Rio. Have a good day."

Me: "Thanks and you too!"

As soon as I hang up I storm out of the room and down to the living room, where Sid, Amanda, Geno and Chris are.

"Oh look the chef is awake. I want..." Amanda starts but I cut her off.

"Why the hell did I just get a call saying that I was pulled from the World Equestrian Game?" I snap.

"What are you talking about?" she smirks.

"Don't play dumb with me Amanda." I scream.

"Kate calm down, Amanda did nothing like that!" Sid snaps.

"Than explain this!" I scream as I have the two listen to the recording of the conversation. Yes, I am into recording things now.

"Amanda, how could you?" Sid asks.

"It wasn't me! I was set up!" she cries.

"Amanda!" I scream as I walk toward her. "You are dead!"

"James! You're fiancé is trying to kill me!" Amanda screams, and before I could even blink James runs down stairs and hold me back.

"What is going on here?" James asks.

"Listen." I say and he listens to the recording. His jaw drops and he turns to Amanda.

"How could you?" he snaps.

"Pascal, throw me Amanda's phone." I say and he gives it to me.  

"You have no right to look through my phone!" Amanda screams. I unlock the phone and look at her recent calls. I scroll down until I find the USEF number.

"So, if you didn't frame me than why is the USEF number in you're phone." I start.

"You don't need to know." she snaps.

"With a little side note that reads: Call this number and frame Kate." I read and everyone's jaws drop. I show them the note and Amanda runs back into the bedroom.