Chapter 49: Game Day

Story Credit to @HockeyIsLife87

--------------------------------------------

3 Days Later:

I wake up aroud 5am. Today is the day! My Cross Country course with Jordan! I am so excited, but really nervous at the same time. What if Jordan throws me like he did the other day? I would be so embarrased. I have a reputation to keep.

"Kate?" James says as he opens his eyes and looks at me.

"Good morning." I smile as I kiss him.

"Good morning. You ready for today?"

"No." i say and he smiles.

"There is nothing to be worried about. Just ride like you are at home." he smiles.

"Your right! I have to imagin that I am riding at home and no one is around." I say as I hug James. "Thanks!"

"No problem. What time do you need to be at the barn?"

"6am. The first rider starts the course at 8." I explain as I begin to get dressed. I walk into the bathroom and close the door.

"When do you go?" James asks.

"I am the second to last to run the course. I should take me, about, 20 minutes to run." I explain.

"What about the camara? you said that you would send the link to the team." James reminds me.

"I almost forgot! Thanks for reminding me." I say.

"Do you want me to do it while you get ready?" james asks as he opens my computer.

"Sure. My password is Kate Neal." I say and I hear James chuckle. "What? It is something I will remember."

"I didn't say a word." James laughs.

"Just send the e-mail." I hiss.

"Sent!"

"Who did you send it to?" I ask as I apply my make up.

"Sid, Paulie and Beau." he explains.

"Did you send it to coach?" I ask.

"Yes."

"Thanks." I say as I open the door and look to James. He wrpas his arms around me and I smile.

"Ready?" he asks and I nod.

As we pull up to the barn, I begin to feel sick and the nerves begin to come back. James parks and we head inside. I walk up to Jordan's stall and he is sleeping. I open the door and put his grain in his bucket and give him water. I give him some hay and check his brades. My stable hands braded him last night for me. Jordan open his eyes and looks at me. I stroke his nose and he nugges me.

"I know. I'm nervous to boy." I whisper to him. "James, come here." I say and James walks into the stall. He stands behind me and pets Jordan.

"He is so sleepy."James says as he kisses my cheek.

"So am I." I joke.

"Kate, there is nothing to worry about. You will be fine, I know it." he explains.

"Thanks babe." I say as he kisses me. "Well, I have a hour or so before I have to tack up. Whant to go for a walk?"

"Sure." James smiles as he takes my hand. I close and lock the stall door and James and I walk around. As we pass some of the barns, some people look at us and than to James.

"Is that James Neal?" I hear someone ask.

"What is he doing here?" another steps in.

"He is here with Kate?" someone says and I roll my eyes with him.