Chapter 48: WEG

The vet called the next day and told me about Jordan. As she was explaining, my heart was beating so fast. When she was done she said that nothing was wrong with Jordan and I could ride him and still show in the WEG. I was so happy to her that I screamed at the top of my lungs.

"Kate?" Max come running in.

"I'm fine Max." I laugh. I am going to wait until training is over today before I tell the guys I am leaving for the WEG tomorrow night. I am so happy Jordan is ok, I was so worried!

I head to the rink and at the locker room. Everyone is already there and I take a seat.

"Kate, care to explain." Sid says and I look at him.

"Explain what?" I hiss.

"Abut the WEG. Are you going?" Pascal asks.

"Yes, I am." I sigh, "I got a call from the vet this morning and she cleared him to go." I say and everyone cheers. But James sees something that everyone else doesn't.

"Kate, what's wrong?" he asks.

"Nothing why?"

"There is something more, what is it?"

"Nothing!" I hiss as I stand up and walk onto the ice and warm up. The guys follow and we get ready for the last day of training camp. 2 week seemed to fly by and I have to say I am sad that summer is over but I am happy that pre season starts in 3 weeks. I am excited to head to Rio tomorrow with Ava, Molly and Mikayla but we all have one plane ticket so I am going to ask James to come when we are alone later. Molly, Mikayla and Ava have already asked Max, Geno and Deryk to come and now I just have to talk to James.

"Everyone with you're lines!" coach says and I skate over to Sid, James, Geno and Max.

"First off I would like to wish Kate, Molly, Ava and Mikayla luck in Rio over the next week." coach explains and I smile and everyone cheers.

"Thanks guys." I reply. "And I asked if I can use a helmet camera while I ride cross county and stadium and they said sure. It will be like you just will be ridding with me. You can hear me but I can hear you and you will see everything I see."

"Really?" Beau asks and I nod.

"Yep! I will send you guys the link to the TV when I get to Rio."

"That's so cool! Thanks Kate!" coach explains and I smile. "Now, the season starts in a few weeks and we need to be ready. First game is against the Flyers and we all know how that game is going to go." When I hear who we are playing my heart skips a beat. I don't like playing the Flyers, they are our cross state rivals and for those of you who have seen the games...yes the fights, the bad call the everything.

"We are going to play strong and NOT play boxing with them right?" coach says and I chuckle. "Kate?"

"Oh sorry." I laugh.

"What's so funny?" he asks and Sid, Geno, Max and James chuckle too.

"Lets not play boxing with them." I reply and he rolls his eyes and chuckles. "Gotta love you Kate."

After training camp is over Molly, Ava, Mikayla and I head to get ready for our flight to Rio. James, Max, Geno and Deryk are coming with us. I get packed and than head out to the barn. I pack my four horse with almost everything from the barn. Our saddles, bridles, girths, show and schooling pads, martingales, tack boxes and so much more. I put my shipping boots and shipping halter on Jordan and Moly, Ava and Mikayla do the same. When we are finished we head back to the house to say goodbye to the team.

"Good luck guys!" Sid smiles.

"Thanks." we reply. We say the rest of out goodbyes and head to get the horses. "James, Max, can you guys hook up the trailer to my truck?"  I smile and they nod. Molly, Ava, Mikayla and I make sure we have everything we need and when we run through our check list for the 100th time we start to load the horses. In this trailer design the horses face each other, two on each side. When all the horses are loaded and ready we head to the airport.