Cahpter 27: Riding Again

My alarm clock wakes me from my deep sleep. I get up and start to get dress to go ride Fame. I put on my breeches and tall boots. I put on my shirt and pull my hair into a high ponytail. I grab my helmet, spurs, and phone and I head out to the barn. It is a cold Kentucky morning, but I am use to it. I walk into the barn. I missed my barn. It has almost 50 stalls that are 12X12. It has three huge riding arenas. One for Hunter training, one for Jumper training, and one for everyday riding. All the arenas have sand for footing and I made all of my jumps. My most famous jump is the rainbow jump. It is a triple bar oxer, the standards are white, for the clouds, the poles are pained red, orange, yellow, green, blue, and purple and over the top is a rainbow. When the horse jumps it they jump under the wooden rainbow and over the rainbow poles. I love that jump. 

I walk up to Fames stall and as soon as she see me she lets out a neigh. She puts her ears up and looks like she is going to break down the stall door. "Hey girl, long time no see." I say as I stoke her head. "I missed you so much! Ready for a good workout?" she nods her head as saying "yes". I put on her halter and open the stall door, she follows me as I lead her to the crossties. I hook the clips on her halter and walk into the tack room to get my saddle, girth, bridle, Fame's front boots for jumping and her hind brush boots. I walk out and put the saddle on the saddle rack. I run and get the running martingale. Fame is probably the horse that shows with the most gear. After my friends horse fell, I made sure I made Fame and I as safe as possible. I put my saddle pad and riser on Fame's back and than I put the saddle and girth on. When I am done putting on the saddle, martingale, and boots I put on my helmet and spurs. I use rubber ball spurs on Fame. I take off the halter and put on her bridle. She shows in a pendulum bit with double reins. I hook the noise band and throat latch and head to the jumper arena. All the jumps are seat at 1.68 meters. I walk Fame over to the mounting block and I tighten my girth and pull down my stirrups. I get on and walk fame around the arena both ways for a few laps, than I move Fame into trot. I work her both directions at tort and at canter. When she is all warmed up I jump all the fences starting at 2 foot and working my way up to 3'9". When she clears that with ease I start my course I have set up in the arena already. I point Fame to the fist fence and she take a perfect spot. She lands and takes off to the next fence. She jumps that perfectly too. As we come to the end of our course the last fence is the rainbow fence and Fame loves that fence. She speeds up and puts her ears up. She takes off and clears the fence with what  seemed like feet between her and the last bar. She lands and we run thorough the timer. We had a amazing time of 48.867.

"Good girl! If we jump like that tomorrow, we are sure to win!" I say as I rub her neck. I walk Fame out and I hear my phone ring. "Who could that be? It is 6:30 in the morning."  I steer Fame over to the center of the arena and I pull my phone out of my pocket.

Me: "Hello?"

James: "Kate?"

Me: "JAMES! OMG what are you doing up so early?"

James: "Just checking in, how is everything?"

Me: "Great! I just got done riding Fame."   

James: "Really? How was she?"

Me: "Amazing! Like always."

James: "Than I know that you will win the blue!"

Me: "Thanks, I will do my best! I have to go, text you later!" I heard him hang up and I open the camera app on my phone. I take a picture of me and Fame and send it to James. I put my phone back in my pocket and continue to cool Fame off. I decide to walk on one of the trails. Just as I am about to walk out of the arena I see Sid walk in.