Chapter 20: Hospital

Attacker's POV:

I watch as the team surround Kate. James and Sidney turn around and they call the cops. I am in no hurry to leave, because my job has just begun. I pull out my phone and call my boss.

Boss: Is it done?

Me: I got her in the arm, they are taking her to the hospital right now.

Boss: Good, I want her away from Sid and the rest of the team. She is mine and will always be  mine. Finish the job, and finish it soon.

He hangs up and I close my phone. I watch as Kate try's to stand up but falls to the ice in pain. My job is to make her hate Sid and the rest of the team. I will get her when she is back in Kentucky. I have to be careful with what I do because she will know who I am. I walk out of the arena and head to my car. I wait until the ambulance pulls out and I follow.

Sid's POV:

I ride with her in the ambulance and so does James. Kate looks fine but her arm is bleeding really badly. I couldn't stand to see her in pain. It hurt me. James was holding her hand and rubbing  his thumb on the top of her hand, so I did the same. "Sid, James, don't worry to much about me. I will be fine." Kate says as she looks at us.

"You never know Kate. Let the doctors have a look at you're arm and see what they say." I say.

"Listen to what Sid said Kate. Let the doctors do there job." James says. The ambulance pulls up to the ER and they take Kate inside. James and I get out and walk into the waiting room. "What do you think the guy...or figure...wants with her. She has never done anything wrong." James says as he sits next to me.

"I don't know. She said he found her. Could she have had a dream about him hurting her?" I say.

"I remember in the car that she was having a nightmare, and she said some figure was after her." James explains.

"I remember that! Could he bet that figure....you know from the dream?" I ask.  I hear my phone ring and I take a look. "It's a text from Malkin." I say as I open the message.

Malkin: How is Kate? Is she ok?

Me: I don't know. They have not let us see her yet.

Malkin: Text me when you are allowed to go see her. The team and I want to come and see her.

Me: Will do, and tell the team not to worry.

"Family of Kate?" a nurse says as she walks in. James and I get up and follow her to Kate's room. As soon as I walk in I notice something is different about her. She looks depressed and upset. I walk over to her and James closes the door and follows me. I sit down next to her bed and James sits on the other side. I pull out my phone and text Malkin saying we are allowed to visit her.

"He is trying to get me back with my old boyfriend." Kate says.

"Who?" I ask.

"That figure. It is the same figure from the dream, the one who's room I woke up in." she explains.

"Don't think about him, Kate." James says.

"He is after me. He wants me back. I know it!"

"Kate, calm down." I say. I hear a knock at the door and than a doctor comes in. "What's wrong with her doctor?" I ask as I stand up.

"Nothing is wrong with her. But we did find that there was a major injury from at least two years ago in her arm. We will have to re-stich her arm to keep the skin from opening up and causing more problems." the doctor explains.

"What about playing hockey, or riding her horses?" James asks.

"She will be able to do both. She can go back to work as soon as she leaves tonight." The doctor says with a smile. "Take care of her please and could I talk to you two in private?" I look at James and we follow the doctor out of the room. The doctor closes the door and turns to us. "You have to keep an eye on Kate. She has a history of seeing random figures. They tend to show up in her dreams and in everyday life. Please take care and she will be released in two hours." the doctor says and than he walks away.

"But....I saw the figure too." James says.

"So did I, and coach must have too." My phone starts to ring. "I have to take this." I say as I walk away.

James's POV:

I walk back in the room and sit next to Kate. "What did the doctor say?" she asks.

"Nothing is wrong with you and you are being released in two hours." I say as I smile.

"Really?"

"Yes." I say as I kiss her cheek. The kiss sends chills down my spine. Every time I touch her I get chills. He skin is so soft. I just love her so much. I have to tell her, but she trusts me and I don't want to break the trust between us. Sidney comes back with the rest of the team. Everyone surrounds Kate. Sid and I explain what the doctor said and they are all happy that nothing is wrong with her.

Two Hours Later

They release Kate from the hospital and her and the team head home. "I will take Kate home." I say and the others nod. I walk Kate over to my car and we get in. I turn on the car and head to Kate's house.

"I have a bad feeling that that figure wants Sid and I apart." Kate says.

"What do you mean?"

"It's just...my old boyfriend.. Blake..... never understood that I broke up with him. No matter how hard I tried to tell him, he wouldn't listen. I just feel that he is after me, and that he wants me back."

"Does Sid know about him? Maybe he could help you."

"No, James. Please don't tell Sid about Blake! That's what he wants! I want you to help me." Kate says. She turns to me and forms a weak smile. She is breaking down. I couldn't stand to see her like this. I pull into the driveway and walk her to the house. "Could you..... please......stay here tonight?" she asks. When I hear her ask my heart skips a beat.

"Sure." I say as I smile. She pulls me inside and shows me the guest room. She walk out and heads to her bedroom. I follow her. I knock on the door. "Kate? Can I please come in?" I ask.

"It's open." she says. I walk in to find her sitting on her bed crying. I walk over and sit next to her. She moves closer to me and puts her head on my chest and cries into my shirt. I pull her into a hug, we don't move from that position.

"Kate, it's ok. Everything is ok." I say as I try to comfort her. She pulls away and lays down. She pulls me with her. She is still crying. I lay down next to her and she puts her head back on my chest.

"James." she says.

"Yes?"

"I have to tell you something. I love you." I lay there shocked.-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So how do you guys like the story so far? Sorry for the short chapter. How do you guys like better Kate and Sid, or Kate and James? Comment and vote!!!!!!!!