Chapter 7: Washington Here We Come!

Hey! Sorry I didn't update this week. Hope you guys are liking the story. Vote and comment!!!Thanks :)  -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sidney's POV:

She is so cute when she is sleeping. I just love her so much. "The plane is here!" coach yells to us. "Let's get going!" I look over to Kate who is still sleeping. I guess I have to carry her onto the plane.

"Geno, can you get Kate's bags? She is still sleeping and I have to carry her to the plane." I ask.

"Sure. Is she ok?" Geno asks.

"Ya, she is fine, just sleeping." Geno picks up Kate's bags and follows me onto the plane. I place her on the seat right next to the window. I put my things in the cubby above and put Kate's things next to mine. I take a seat next to her. I look at her. She is the most beautiful girl I have ever seen. I put my arm around her and she moves in closer to me. "Are you ok?" I ask her.

"Ya, I'm fine." She says as she opens her eyes and looks at me. "Thanks for asking."

"No problem." She hugs me.

"Was I sleeping?" she asks as she looks around.

"Yes. I had to carry you to the plane."

"OMG! Sid I'm so sorry! Why didn't you wake me up?"

"Because I know that you are tired and you need all the sleep you can get." I say as I kiss her on the cheek. She moves and looks out the window. I can't stop staring at her. She turns around and looks at me. She smiles and leans in closer.

"I can't wait to play Saturday! If anything happens, just tell me and I will make sure that I keep the peace." she explains.

"Are you sure you can start and win a fight? It's the NHL, the guys fight hard."

"HA HA are you kidding me? I will be fine, don't worry to much about me." she says as she laughs. Max and James come over and sit across from us. They turn the seats around and face us. I pull down the table and I pull out my PSP. The others do the same. "COD?" Kate asks.

"OH, you are so on!" I say. Max and James join the game. "Kate and I are a team."

"Darn!" Max says. "Looks like its you and me James." We start to play and within 10 minutes Kate took out both Max and James.

"HA HA. We win!" Kate says as she hugs me.

Plane caption: This is your caption speaking. We are beginning our decent. Welcome to Washington! Hope you have a wonderful stay. Good luck with your game. Bring home a win!

We have a private plane. It's just so much easier. The caption is so nice to us. He is just so nice. We land and grab our things. Kate gets up and follows me off the plane and into the airport. There was so many Penguins fans waiting for us. Before we head to the hotel, we stopped and signed some autographs. But here was one little girl who caught my eye. She was holding a poster that read: "Kate is the best! I love you Kate!" She as sitting on her dad's shoulders. I pull Kate aside and tell her about the little girl. She walks over to the croud and they all cheer. Kate goes up to the little girl and takes her poster. She signs it and takes some pictures with her. The girl was so happy. Kate looks over at me and I walk toward her. "Sid this is Ann. Ann this is Sidney Crosby."

"Hi Ann. Its nice to meet you." I say as I shake her hand.

"Hi Sidney! You and Kate are my two favorite players! I love both of you so much!"

"Thanks! I'm glad you are a Penguins fan." Kate says. Ann asks me to sign the poster and I do. Than we both head in the direction of the exit. "Hope we see you at the game Saturday." I say.

"I am coming! Good luck!" Ann says as she waves at us. We both wave back. We get on the bus and its about a hour ride to the hotel. I am so tired. I start to fall asleep and I eventually do.  

Kate's POV:

Sidney fell asleep next to me. He must be really tired. I still feel bad that he had to carry me onto the plane. We still have a hour ride to the hotel. Its nice to finally get some sleep. I have not had the right amount of sleep in the past week. I have been so tired. I am so happy I can sleep in tomorrow. We have a practice at 3 and than Sid and I are going on our date. I am so excited about it. I packed the perfect outfit. I feel my phone ringing. I pull it out and see who it is. Ava. I answer the call. "Hey!"

"Hey! Kate good news...Fame is eating again!" Ava explains.

"What? Really? That's great!" I am so happy. My horse is eating again. I started to cry. My horse was back to normal. "Did the vet have to come?"

"No. The grooms said she at her gain this morning. Than I rode her in the afternoon and she was a little fresh. She threw a few bucks and knocked a few rails but overall she was great."

"Wait! She knocked a few rails? Like how many?"

"Um....well...all of them..." I cut her off.

"What? She knocked all of the rails? That is not like her. Something must really be wrong!"

"Kate calm down. I was my fault. I didn't push her. I didn't want to push my luck."

"Ok, so she is not ill?"

"No."

"OMG thank you!" I say. "Ava I have to go, we are at the hotel. I will call you tomorrow. Bye."

"Bye!" I put my phone back into my pocket, grab my gear and head into the hotel. I have my own room and I'm happy about that. When I get to my room I change into my PJs and get into bed. As soon as I lay down I am asleep. I can't wait for tomorrow.