" Chapter 14 "

They say the oceans have no memories, you stand there and gaze at the flowing water and your mind feels clear and free. The last thing I remember is backing away from Tommy then quick saw rattlesnake he whacked me, knocking me cold and then everything went black. My eyes fluttered open suddenly, it freaked me out for a few seconds because I didn't recognize my surroundings right away. My vision was still a little blurry and because of the sudden change in light it took my irises and pupils a few short moments to adjust to the brightness. My body hurt all over and my back and neck were stiff, making an effort I managed to raise my head a little and saw that I was in what looked like a hospital room and my body was covered in nothing but a hospital patient gown and by some bed blankets too. It was only a few moments after I woke up when I noticed two sitting on a couple of chairs slumped sleeping girls. Melissa and Rachael Elizabeth Dare were here in the room with me and I smiled for what felt for the first time in weeks.

" Rachael, Melissa ", I whispered their names.

Melissa suddenly raised her head and when she saw that I was awake she gently laying her blanket on top of Rachael who was still sleeping, stood up and came towards my side.

" Hey Zoe how are you ",

" I feel like I'm in an out of my own body experience, and my head is killing me. What has happened? It all happened so fast I think I must have been dreaming ".

" You don't remember anything Zoe, not even parts or glimpses, no sudden memories recall ".

" All I remember is been in the forest woods and then Tommy knocking me out ".

As soon as I mentioned Tommy I remembered that I had no idea at all of where he was, it kind of hurt that he wasn't here.

" Melissa,  where's Tommy ", I asked her, Melissa's expression suddenly turned to one of a person who had been told something really bad that has just happened and said person is carrying a great burden and it's heart is in pain like no other.

" Melissa has something happened to Tommy? Is he hurt? Missing? Please tell me I need to know ", I couldn't bring myself to say that Tommy was dead I couldn't bear to even think of that possibility. At last Melissa took a few calming deep breaths and it was at that moment I knew the truth would hurt me beyond anything I've ever imagined it could hurt.

" Sometimes the lies are easier and less painful than the truth ".

" More tears are shed over truths than lies ".

" Tommy he's not the same person who we knew ".

" What do you mean he's not the same Melissa, I mean I've known him all my life".

" Yeah so have I Zoe, and it kills me but Tommy is not my brother anymore ".

" I did not mean it like that, it's just that please Mel I need to hear the whole truth from you, I need to know that the  boy that turned into the man I loved is still the same ".

" Tommy he was the one who commuted all the murders that have been happening recently on his family state forest property ".

" How do you know this ".

"  Because he captured Ian, tortured him and was about to kill him, but it was when Ian managed to record the whole experience using his cell phone. And not only him, my own sister Mandy saw it via Face Time video chat, she was the one that sent the whole link message to the rest of us and now we know that Tommy has become more powerful. Now our societies have to find a way to kill him, cut of it's head, as much as it kills me I've come to realize that we need to kill my own brother ".

At this point a horrible pain started creeping up to the deepest corners and crevices of my heart and soul. They wanted to kill Tommy.

" What do you mean kill him? What Society? ".