" Chapter 17 "

The call came out of the blue and even though I've been wanting to hear his voice for so long it still came as a shock when I did. It had been several days since we've seen the news cast about The Blackwell's Federal Maximum Security Prison, Tommy's involvement and his role as the orchestrator of the break out it was still difficult to come to terms with. We were still in Melissa's and Matt's home, but we weren't alone anymore, several couples of days before Paul, Chris, Mandy, Anna, Max, Mary and Rachael were with us too, and of course Ian had to be here too unfortunately. Melissa had called them all up after she had seen her brother's disastrous actions. But what surprised me the most and made me feel the saddest too was Rachael's reaction, when we told her about Tommy's action she didn't say anything but just stood there sitting on the living room couch silently. Rachael's phone started ringing, taking it out of her pant's pocket she turned it on and accepted the incoming call, she answered it.

" Hello ", her voice was shaky and trembled a little, suddenly the voice that answered made us all freeze in our tracks.

" Well if it hasn't been a long time since I've heard your voice Rachael ", Rachael almost dropped her phone to the floor, shock and a thousand other emotions flashed across the surface of her skin. She gathered her wits back and putting the phone next to her ear answered Tommy, but first she had put it on speaker mode that way everyone could hear.

" You are not the same person I fell in love with, you've changed Tommy ".

" Ao typical of all of you, blame me for everything and you know what, you are absolutely correct in assuming that ".

Rachael seemed to get angry and she focused her fury at Tommy, I smiled at her and gave her a thumbs up. This was my way of encouraging her, letting her know that despite everything that had happened before I was still her friend and she was my family.

" How could you kill all those people Tommy, how could you do all the things you've done ".

" I did what I did because I had to and because I wanted to, I'm a necessary evil, in order for things to be restored back to their natural balance first they must be destroyed then rebuilt once's more from the remaining ruins ".

" Will it come to this then Tommy, will the next we face each other again, will it be as enemies ".

" We all have chosen different paths for ourselves Rachael, we all have done the worst kinds of things and we will have to live with the choices we've made for the rest of our lives. You call me Evil Rachael, you and everyone else but I call myself a necessary evil ".

" It does not give you the right to think that what you've done is the correct choice ".

Tommy's voice suddenly turned graver and sharper than before,

" You've got no idea Rachael what I've done, what I've been trough, what I live with every day ".

" You remember what you told me all those years ago outside in the rain, when we were at Ian's family manor house ".

" Yeah I remember it, I remember it every day ".

" You broke your promise Tommy, you said I would always be safe with you, I felt safe with you ", Rachael's voice was shaky and I knew she was at the point that she might start to cry. Before she broke down and shattered her resolve I gently took the phone away from her, I did not want to give Tommy the satisfaction of hearing Rachael cry, not for someone like him.